Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: 1930s/1940s Work Trousers

AHP91

Practically Family
I'm a complete dolt and didn't know my waist size when these pants showed up (they would've fit), now I want a pair just like it. If you see something like it with a 31-33 waist/normal person inseam, LMK. FYI - lot of pants out there labeled "work trousers" but they look like they belonged to a suit. This is the type I'm lookin for --- . And if you bought these and they don't fit, I'll take em

Vintage 1940s Striped Fabric Work Pants Button Fly Measured 31x30 Wool/Cotton? - Picture 1 of 7

Vintage 1940s Striped Fabric Work Pants Button Fly Measured 31x30 Wool/Cotton? - Picture 2 of 7

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Work trousers? Appearance depends a lot on the work that was done. My guess is that you mean something of an industrial nature, but all trousers start out new.
For what it's worth my talented lady came across a 1930's original paper pattern at a festival that we were at just before the Covid lockdown. From that pattern she made these:
green blazer silver pants 003.JPG

Search around and see if you can find someone to make them. Achieve that and you can have exactly what you want because you can source the fabric and the paper pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner