Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: 1930s Fedora

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I am looking to buy a 1930s fedora in 7 1/4 - 7 3/8

My price range is around $125. I would also be willing to trade, or partially trade the brown Borsalino I have listed in the classifieds, which can be located here.

Thanks,

Justin

Last edited:

Denton

One of the Regulars
What I have is a Stetson Special, marked 7 1/4, and that measurement still seems accurate. Crown height is 5 3/4 inches, maybe a bit taller, but not quite 6. The raw-edged brim is 2 3/8 inches. Color is light brown; the ribbon (1 7/8 inches high) is a darker brown. A beautiful example of 1930s style. One of the nicest pieces of felt I have ever handled. Good condition, but not perfect. A little discoloration on the crown, probably because someone stored this hat inside another hat. I count three light moth tracks on the underside of the brim. The reeded sweatband is in excellent condition. The liner has a few stains.

I have owned this hat for a while, but haven't been able to figure out what to do with it. It's too small for me to wear, but I haven't had the heart to stretch it. But I haven't been able to let it go either. Obviously the best thing would be to sell it to someone who can actually wear it. If you think you might be interested, send me an email through my profile, and I will send some pictures. (They won't be good pictures, but probably good enough to give you an idea of what the hat looks like.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot