Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: 50's San-Fran Levis Suede Trucker 44-6 and Genuine MA-1 Flight Jacket L-XL.

TrendyTrent

New in Town
So. A short while ago, I came to the conclusion that I was now a young man who still dressed very much like a child; and so, I decided to go about changing this by cultivating the ultimate vintage inspired wardrobe that any real man would be proud to own. The pursuit of iconic garments worn by manly men throughout pop-culture history has now lead me here. Two such garments which continually prove elusive and have yet to ensnare are these:

50's Levis Suede Trucker Type III Jacket. Made in San Francisco.

As for sizing I am not too sure exactly what I require. I assume these are the same cut as their ordinary counterpart, the big E Type III denim jacket. So I guess I am after something ranging from a size 44 to a size 46; perhaps even a size 48. Though I generally don't like to go up this big a size; as they tend to bunch up in the body; as I am a rather slender build.

Mid-late 60's USAF MA-1 Flight Jacket. Standard Issue.

Again, I am not exactly sure what size I require although I guess I would be after either a standard L or XL. I'm looking for something with around a 25" span from shoulder to cuff; and a similar measurement from collar to hem.

I'm looking for one good clean used example of either jacket, with as little wear as possible. Though I realise garments of this age are almost always bound to have some sign of imperfection. If you think you can help me please reply in suit, or send me a private message and we can talk business. Thank you all!

Regards,

TrendyTrent.

Last edited:

technovox

One Too Many
50's Levis Suede Trucker Type III Jacket. Made in San Francisco.

TrendyTrent.

I just pulled my vintage Levis Suede trucker out a few days ago, and decided it was a tad too big for me. It's an XL. I don't know if it will fit you, but feel free to PM me and we can trade the specs.
Cheers,
M.

Juanito

One of the Regulars
If you need a true 1960's jacket, I have a sage green MA-1, size large, spec number MIL-J-8279D, contract #8415-818-7353, DSA #100-1579, dated 1 NOV 1965, manufactured by Alpha Industries. Interlining composed of 58% wool and 42% cotton. This is a true flyer's jacket with the reversable orange interior, not a crew/deck version.

The jacket is in spotless, almost unissued condition, with nearly none of the black worn off of the zipper. I am a size 42 and it is roomy on me, but forgiving and not overly large.

If you are interested, I would let it go for $250. I also have a similar late 70's sage green MA-1 deck crew jacket with the green lining, same size and condition, I would let go for $125.

I don't come around here, too much but you can check my eBay history under the name AHRMA17L--on eBay since 1998, with 100% feedback on over 2,200 transactions.

Last edited:

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Shoulder Seam across back: 19.5"
Length of back from base of collar to bottom of waist band: 24.75"
Sleeve: 25.5"-26"
Chest across back, seam to seam stretched: 25"
Chest across front stretched: 26"
Length of zipper 22"

Please note, being a cloth jacket as opposed to leather the jacket stretches so the measurements across the chest are flexible. The best that I can describe it is that it fits like a size 44. Sorry for the poor "selfie" but for reference I an 5' 8" and 165 lbs. I wear a size 42 and it fits just fine, with plenty of room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran