Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: a single vintage Fedora, 7 3/8, black or grey, Pre WWII.

Kuro

Practically Family
All,

I am not a collector. But I enjoy a nice hat. I have been wearing a modern Stetson Saxon, with a 2" brim and a 4 1/2" crown of late. I have a couple of really nice vintage Homburgs (Stetson Special and Royal Stetson) and a few exceptional Derby hats from Stetson. I wear what I own, so as I said, not looking to collect. Also not looking to modify, amend or repair. Many of the hats listed above were purchased here with a couple of Derby exceptions I purchased online. I have purchased from Redfokker, Signor Duke and Steur, all wonderful to deal with.

I decided it was time to get a very nice vintage fedora. I have Homburgs and Derbies because they are great value, have allowed me to learn about vintage hats and I really like that D'orsay curl, and the social history of the Derby. Owning them I have learned that while I can fit into a 7 1/4 vintage hat (that is my modern size) 7 3/8 vintage hats fit better. And I know they are less common.

What I am looking for is something exceptional in condition and ready to wear, earlier is better as I find the earlier the hat, the more interesting the details (those early Stetson Expo Medal hats...), my Stetson Special Homburg is really something else as an example and I believe that is a 30's hat. It does not have to be a Stetson, I would also enjoy all the other brands as well, but a bonus to it being a Stetson or Borsalino. I have seen many restored fedoras by Black Sheep hat works, I like what I see of their work, so I would not be opposed to a hat restored by them either. Actually, many of the BSHW restored hats look delicious and I would enjoy one.

I know many of you are amazing collectors, and it is very difficult to let go of that supreme vintage example, I am not asking for anyone to let go of something. BUT if you have a fedora, and you would not mind selling it, I would be interested in taking a look. I understand what I am asking for is the top percentage of hats. I don't have much storage space living in a small apartment, so this is why I am looking for that one (ish) hat.

Thank you.

Last edited:
All,

I am not a collector. But I enjoy a nice hat. I have been wearing a modern Stetson Saxon, with a 2" brim and a 4 1/2" crown of late. I have a couple of really nice vintage Homburgs (Stetson Special and Royal Stetson) and a few exceptional Derby hats from Stetson. I wear what I own, so as I said, not looking to collect. Also not looking to modify, amend or repair. Many of the hats listed above were purchased here with a couple of Derby exceptions I purchased online. I have purchased from Redfokker, Signor Duke and Steur, all wonderful to deal with.

I decided it was time to get a very nice vintage fedora. I have Homburgs and Derbies because they are great value, have allowed me to learn about vintage hats and I really like that D'orsay curl, and the social history of the Derby. Owning them I have learned that while I can fit into a 7 1/4 vintage hat (that is my modern size) 7 3/8 vintage hats fit better. And I know they are less common.

What I am looking for is something exceptional in condition and ready to wear, earlier is better as I find the earlier the hat, the more interesting the details (those early Stetson Expo Medal hats...), my Stetson Special Homburg is really something else as an example and I believe that is a 30's hat. It does not have to be a Stetson, I would also enjoy all the other brands as well, but a bonus to it being a Stetson or Borsalino. I have seen many restored fedoras by Black Sheep hat works, I like what I see of their work, so I would not be opposed to a hat restored by them either. Actually, many of the BSHW restored hats look delicious and I would enjoy one.

I know many of you are amazing collectors, and it is very difficult to let go of that supreme vintage example, I am not asking for anyone to let go of something. BUT if you have a fedora, and you would not mind selling it, I would be interested in taking a look. I understand what I am asking for is the top percentage of hats. I don't have much storage space living in a small apartment, so this is why I am looking for that one (ish) hat.

Thank you.
Keep an eye on Ebay....MiamiBruno. He sells hats of great quality at a fair price. He like all vintage sellers has more in the 7 1/4" andsmaller but he does often come up with 7 3/8". Worth it to add him to your 'search' list.

Kuro

Practically Family
Keep an eye on Ebay....MiamiBruno. He sells hats of great quality at a fair price. He like all vintage sellers has more in the 7 1/4" andsmaller but he does often come up with 7 3/8". Worth it to add him to your 'search' list.
Awesome! Thank you for the advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto