Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wtb: dark grey vintage fedora? 7.5?

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
Missed out on a real pretty Knox today, and thought I'd see if anyone here might have something suitable.

I'd prefer:
size 7 1/2
dark grey/ charcoal
40s or 50s vintage
less than 2.25" brim

I'm new to the hunt for a vintage hat, so I'm not familiar with most brands. Just looking for something of good quality!

Let me know if you have anything suitable!

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
Dobbs 5th Ave

I happen to have a Dobbs 5th Ave in dark grey that I'd be willing to sell.

It's probably an early 60's model...there's not dating, but the bit of price tag that's visible lists it's cost at $17.95, so I'm thinking 1960s.

The brim is an overwelt and is 2.25 inches. Crown height is 4.25 inches currently bashed as a teardrop; open crown it's approx 5.5 inches. It has a black ribbon that's 2 inches high. The liner was once glued in and then stuck in with double sided tape, but it is no longer attached, it just floats in the crown.

The felt is very soft and very pliable; no moth bites or stains, responds well to steam and is pretty easy to tweak into you own style.

It's just too narrow a brim and the crown bit too tapered for my liking but it's a fine hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot