Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Wanted: 1941 m1941 m41 "Parsons" Field Jacket, Repro, under $100 Shipped to CONUS USA

vintagewool

New in Town
Hello. I am looking for a 1941 field jacket (100% cotton shell) for casual wear. I have seen new ones listed for about $60 and up but there is ambiguous information about materials and sizing.

My initial thought is an At the Front (ATF) model because it is OD No. 2 (OD2).

3 basic preferences in order of importance:

1. Size: Actual jacket pit-to-pit chest measurement of 42" but possibly up to 46" (current measurement if shrunken).

2. Color: Actual WWII contract color of OD2 but possibly a different color of matte khaki but not a bright light green.

3. Lining: Actual 100% wool (not wool blend) with a fall-back preference for 100% cotton but possibly a synthetic lining or unlined.

So,

Ideally:
1. 42" chest.
2. OD2 color.
3. 100% wool lining.

Possibly:
1. 46" chest.
2. Khaki color.
3. Synthetic lining.

I have seen previous posts about people selling their "starter" repro left-over after buying a better version, or someone cleaning our their closet, so I thought I would give this offer.

This could be a good opportunity for someone whose wife has been nagging them to get rid of stuff plus score bonus points by using the money to take the little missus out to dinner.

Thank you.

vintagewool

New in Town
I did not notice an edit button so I will use the reply button.

I intended the usual pit-to-pit outside jacket measurement of 1 side to be 21" and corresponding to 42" circumference.

Upon reflection that I am citing an actual outside jacket measurement, 22" (x2 = 44") or even 23" (x2 = 46") might be better. It is better to err on the side of too large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner