Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTS: Old Smoking Pipes As A Group

MJL

One of the Regulars
I have had my jollies with these pipes. Most of these came to me in group buys as I attempted to get other pipes that interested me in those groups. Most have not been smoked by me or cleaned up. They come as you see them. These appear to be perfectly fine, functional pipes but I have not smoked them so I cannot guarantee they will clean up any better than you see them here. I am selling them as a group. All these pipes for one price. Ask any questions before buying. All pipes are sold AS IS with no returns unless there is a gross mistake with my description (ie pipe is cracked). These should serve great as a starter set for someone wanting to learn the art of the pipe or as yard work, hunting or camping pipes. Regardless, at this price you can’t go wrong!

36988a04.jpg

From Top To Bottom:
1.No name large pipe with plenty of fills. Marked Imported Briar Made In Italy on left shank. Snipped stinger.
2.Dr Grabow Duke. Modern pipe from a friend. He smoked it a few times and moved on to better things. Good shape with good bit but raised varnish on bowl.
3.Yellow Bowl Checker with intact stinger. Looks to be circa 1960s. Good stem, good shape but some pits have been exposed in the checkered areas as is typical of these pipes. Will smoke well.
4.No name pipe marked Imported Briar Italy. Plenty of filled pits. Bit looks good and the pipe looks like a nice little smoker.
5.P. Viou Extra from France. Really wonderful pipe with intact stinger and a pretty piece of briar. Appears to be from the 1950s or earlier. Very nice, expensive pipe in its day. Sadly, out of business for 40+ years.
6.Dr. Grabow Riviera. Nice pipe with a dirty bowl and a bit that could benefit from a polish. Good robust pipe.
7.Dr. Grabow bent stem. Some dents on the bit and knocks on the rim but built like a brick out house and will certainly pretty up with some care. I reckon this pipe dates from the 1960s.
8.Unsmoked Weller or Webber. Unglamorous but will do for fishing or hunting. I reckon this piece dates from the 1970s.

To sweeten the deal and to make up for any faults I may not have seen on the above pipes I will include an additional set of 9 damaged pipes plus three bowls missing stems with the above good ones for free. Each one of the pipes below has a flaw of some sort like a crack or missing fill but included in this group is an Irish Peterson, a Marxman and a Yello-Bole. I don’t think I have a photo of the free pipes but they are ugly, cracked and pipes that I intended to use for parts. You may well still be able to manage to get a few smokers out of them anyway. Either way they are free to the buyer. All pipes are sold AS IS with no returns unless there is a gross mistake with my description.

Free Pipes:

eae7a0e0.jpg

Price $50 plus $10 shipping to anywhere in the USA or face to face in Homestead. I will also accept a discrete PayPal payment but the buyer must add 4% to cover their costs.

Email me with any questions: mlittman5@aol.com

PS: I do have some other pipes slated to come up for sale soon if some folks want to talk early sales. I would love to include some other pipe collectors in on deals prior to them going public.

MJL

One of the Regulars
I assume you mean the Peterson I am including for free. If so that one has a crack. I smoked it a few years ago, with the crack, a number of times and it gets a bit wet but otherwise it was actually smokable. I cannot make any gurantees about the pile of broken pipes I am including for free in this deal as they are included as parts, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran