Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2 A-2 Pictures

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Speedbird said:
Any chance you have a clearer image of the squadron patch and mission count ... it might be that my machine can't display sufficient detail but I can't see enough in the photo to make out the patch design and bombs. And also he is wearing a what looks like a chunky signet ring on his right hand? What would that be?

I studied the original under a magnifying glass, and the "bombs" are arranged in groups of 5- 3 rows of 5 on his right, and two rows of 5 on his left-25 missions. I think by then he had to do 30 missions,so he wasn't done yet.
The painted squadron patch is the same as his A2-Bugs Bunny riding a bomb,while holding a carrot in one hand. There is a leather name tag sewn on the coat,too. Note how he has the cuffs rolled up-I have to do the same with my repro M41.
He has an Air Corps signet ring in his stuff that might be that ring-it is quite worn. It could also be a high school class ring-those were popular in those days.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Goose Bay AFB, December 1942

76648228_goose_bay_afb_december_1942.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay