Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ww2 and pre war photos

Tomasz Zieniewicz

New in Town
Just a couple of ww2 and pre war photographs I found in my family house for you to enjoy.
Got my hands on them some time ago. Some of them are in a really bad shape, and Im currently saving money, and paying little by little to get them restored and scanned in a proper matter (maybe later i will also get them colorised)
Anyways, here are some of them, and if you enjoy, more will come.

Feel free to share your own photos to keep the topic running.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 340
  • skanuj0007.jpg
    skanuj0007.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 347
  • skanuj0008.jpg
    skanuj0008.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 342
  • skanuj0011.jpg
    skanuj0011.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 341
  • skanuj0012.jpg
    skanuj0012.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 335
  • skanuj0014.jpg
    skanuj0014.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 356

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Somewhere, I have a photo of my mother (age 8 or so) with a wreath of flowers on her head, handing Nazi brass a bouquet of flowers when they visited her village. Later, my mom spoke of seeing her classmates laid out dead after an air raid. Someone once gave me a copy of the book “The War of our Childhood” by Wolfgang W.E. Samuel. I confess that I never worked up the courage to read it.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Later, my mom spoke of seeing her classmates laid out dead after an air raid. Someone once gave me a copy of the book “The War of our Childhood” by Wolfgang W.E. Samuel. I confess that I never worked up the courage to read it.
How I can empathise with that sentiment. My parents family, neither my mother, nor my father, ever talked of their wartime experience, yet I found out how much deprivation they both suffered. This picture, which I'm so proud of, is my father who volunteered for military service, and although an academic with graduate qualifications, he preferred a rank with all the foot soldiers. My Dad was so gifted that having been taken prisoner on the invasion of Crete, he was fluent in German within six months of his capture.
Test Scan.jpg

Turnip

My dad told me that one of his teachers at school paid special attention that any kid at school used the „German Greeting“ for him and slapped everyone who didn’t. Living in the British zone after war, my dad and his friends paid special attention greeting him with „Heil Hitler, Herr…“ whenever they met him in presence of an allied soldier or official.

He also told me, HJ kids have been sent out to the beaches to pick up the corpses that were washed ashore when ships were sunk around.

Last edited:

Turnip

Somewhere, I have a photo of my mother (age 8 or so) with a wreath of flowers on her head, handing Nazi brass a bouquet of flowers when they visited her village. Later, my mom spoke of seeing her classmates laid out dead after an air raid. Someone once gave me a copy of the book “The War of our Childhood” by Wolfgang W.E. Samuel. I confess that I never worked up the courage to read it.

Rainy day today so I went upstairs to the attic and dug a bit in the vaults.
Dragged out some books from that time, mainly school and teaching support books, grandpa‘s been a teacher. Will show them at different place.
The title „Boot Greift Wieder An“ i had an autographed copy of and which I originally had in mind to look for, did. not show up so far.

Cheers

Turnip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto