Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII British submarine wreck discovered off the Malta coast

dr greg

One Too Many
I hate to seem insensitive, but 'worst naval disasters'? With all due respect to the men lost, how about the sinking of the Repulse and POW off Malaya, Convoy PQ17, the Gustloff, The Montevideo Maru, The Indianapolis, PEARL HARBOUR!!....etc etc, some young sub-editor got a touch hyperbolic for my money I'm afraid...

Last edited:

Chas

One Too Many
Indicative of the decline in standards in journalism. I've read and listened to what passes for journalism in the US, Canada and Australia. I've got to tell you- the old warriors are spinning in their graves. Western democracy is well and truly up poop creek because the fifth estate has left the house and will not be back. Ever. An intelligent press will only appeal to an intelligent populace, and that does not exist and the powers that be have no interest in there being a well informed intelligent populace.

In the words of Tony Soprano, "fuhgettaboutit."

Oh- one other thing: it's consistent with the finding that many college/university grads purchase their papers and cheat on their courses. That is well known and openly tolerated; it fits with the plan (mentioned above). The schmuck who wrote that piece knows dick about history; but he has a University degree in "Journalism", no doubt. He is working for the Guardian and pulling down a salary for being a semi-educated semiliterate uneducated historically ignorant R-tard.

Welcome to the future.

Last edited:

dr greg

One Too Many
I might have told this story before, but I did a film'media course at Uni about 10 years back, and we had to do some 'theatre" so the class was divided into 10 groups who had to devise a short film/drama about each decade of the 20th C...I chose the 40's, and one of the group I was lumped with said, and I quote: "hey you're an old dude, what happened in the 40's? "
I kid you not... I said " WW2 for a start" he replied..."o yeah French and the Germans, right?"
I said
"No, that was WW1, this was WW2"
"Were we in that?"
THIS WAS IN A UNIVERSITY!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic