Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Goggles IN SPACE!

MDFrench

A-List Customer
You guys may have always known this - but BOY it's news to me! MKVIII goggles were used in The Phantom Menace!

mkviiis.JPG

WEIRD AND COOL!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Funny you mention that. I remember seeing that and thought to myself... Weird! But, at the same time cool. Why did Lucas use these? Not that it was a bad thing, but it's just funny that their space ships are more advanced then their flight gear. Then again, they couldn't have them flying Spitfires or Curtis Jenny’s for that matter.

Hollywood throws some curve balls some times.

When I first saw your post, I was wondering if there was a pair of WWII goggles floating around space that some how was lost by bomber pilot that wanted to fly above the flack and just keep on going higher. Or maybe a P-51 Pilot that took his craft to the limits :p

Highest Regards,

Root.

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
There have been quite a few examples of twentieth century artifacts finding their way into space-I'm pretty sure that the hand-held blasters used by the stormtroopers in Star Wars are modified British Sterlings. In 'Wing Commander' a few years ago, the fighter ships were based on RAF Lightnings-they took old scrapped ones and modified them. Lawrence Fishburne even had an A-2 of sorts in Event Horizon. Root, what you say reminds me of the sort of thing that used to appear in The Sunday Sport (veerrry low-market British tabloid newspaper!) a few years ago-all completely fabricated of course. My favourite was 'B-52 bomber found on moon!' -they couldn't even get that right, the picture showed a B-29! Others included 'London bus found on moon' and the classic 'Statue of Elvis found on Mars'!

Wild Root

Gone Home
'B-52 bomber found on moon!

Hahahahahahah! That's good. We have a few really bad ones here in the states. Elvis playing golf with bigfoot and all. Funny stuff.

Any way, you're right bout Star Wars. I think I remember seeing Ford with a hand gun that look some what like a German Luger in Return of a Jedi.

Root.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Batboy finally found in Arkansas!

The good-guy blasters- Luke's and Solo's in the first 3 Star Wars films are all 1896 model "broomhandle" Mauser replicas with added "blaster-ish" bits.
There are many fans who build them and many websites instructing one how to do so...
BT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic