Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Khaki Trousers - Originals and Reproductions

Doug C

Practically Family
Ok, the picture's funny but what do ya'll think of the pants themselves? I mean they obviously didn't want to wash and hemm a pair for this guy for just the advertisement shot, so it's naturally going to come off a little goofy. They could have tucked them under a little more but I think that's just the way Japanese youth like to 'em..not just the Japanese either. But any comments on the pants?

Doug C

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Doug C said:
Ok, the picture's funny but what do ya'll think of the pants themselves? I mean they obviously didn't want to wash and hemm a pair for this guy for just the advertisement shot, so it's naturally going to come off a little goofy. They could have tucked them under a little more but I think that's just the way Japanese youth like to 'em..not just the Japanese either. But any comments on the pants?

Doug C

I've had a pair of these for some years. They are OK. Wearing well.

Alan

Doug C

Practically Family
Alan do you also have Bill's ? and/or originals ? If so, how do they compare to each other?

Doug C

Feraud

Bartender
I was at Cheap Jack's this past Saturday afternoon in NYC with MrBern, Senator Jack, and Matt Deckard. MrBern was giving me an "hands on" lesson in the nuances of the military khaki.
We looked at the price tag to see the pants going for 2-300 dollars a pair!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn, they are some great looking trousers Scott. It would be impossible for me to find a pair like those in a size 38 here in the city.

Feraud

Bartender
Douglas, I saw a pair of 38s at Cheap Jack's.
Considering their prices I would consider visiting a militaria show. MrBern tells me you can spend 1/5 the price and come home with a pair.
I am going to put these on my "to get" list. If you are interested I will keep an eye out for you.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Here is the side seam I was talking about:
CIMG7470-1.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You bet. Finding any type of clothing that comfortable, great looking and well made becomes an uber project. It was much easier twenty years ago when I had a 30" waist and I could go into Canal jeans or the Trader and come out with great stuff for close to nothing,

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Just picked up a pair of Anthracite brand work khakis off eBay, probably 1940s-50s era, marked 42x32. They're cut and made very much like Army officer khakis and the color is right. After a couple of good washings the waist and leg both seem to have shrunk about 1 1/2", putting them well in range for a taking-in to my desired 38". The hems will be left as is.

griffer

Practically Family
I found Bill's at a local fine clothing store in Lambertville.

I picked up a pair of the M2, although I want the M1 button fly now for sure.

Great fit in the M2, and I got them on sale for $57.00.

Now i am confidant in their sizing and manufacture, I think I will order the M1 buttons!

These are not REPLICA pants, just really good, high waisted pants.

-griffer

Doug C

Practically Family
What Belt Scotrace?

I've got a couple of pairs of originals on their way to me, should have them Wednsday. They belonged to a gentleman with an elustrious military career who was involved in a couple of wars. I can't wait..just hope they fit right.

Scotrace, I was wondering about the belt you're wearing in the pictures you posted, what is it exactly? It looks wider than my web belts, I kinda like that but it may just be an illustion. Of course mine aren't original issue either.

Doug C

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Doug C said:
Scotrace, I was wondering about the belt you're wearing in the pictures you posted, what is it exactly? It looks wider than my web belts, I kinda like that but it may just be an illustion. Of course mine aren't original issue either.
Doug C

Good luck on the new pants when they arrive - let us know how it works out please!

That belt... lol It's a 100% incorrect fat web belt with a brushed stainless buckle I got for $6 on sale at Marshall's! :)

Doug C

Practically Family
Oh..:eek: . well Ilike it anyway! And I always remove the brass finish from my web belts 'cause I can't really stand anything brass or gold..

Doug C

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Damn, they are some great looking trousers Scott. It would be impossible for me to find a pair like those in a size 38 here in the city.
Actually, I found them at a military show just outside NYC.
It just takes a bit of looking & some haggling.
I think some militaria dealers still pop up at the 25th st fleamarkets.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
You bet. Finding any type of clothing that comfortable, great looking and well made becomes an uber project. It was much easier twenty years ago when I had a 30" waist and I could go into Canal jeans or the Trader and come out with great stuff for close to nothing,

Has anyone made an excursion ot CanalJean's Bklyn location?

Doug C

Practically Family
scotrace wrote:
Good luck on the new pants when they arrive - let us know how it works out please!

I received the WWII khakis yesterday, they smelled really old. One pair had pretty major rust-like stains on 'em and they other just faintly so. I hand washed them in the kitchen sink in cold water a couple of times and most of the rust came off of the badly stained pair and the other pair is very wearable - I starched 'em flat and wore them today. The stained pair is wearable but maybe not to the office as is..guess I'll try washing again but I doubt they'll clean up completely..I may try to dye them a slightly darker color. These pants belonged to a LTC Westover - here's some text if anyone's interested :

This is (2) khaki cotton twill officers pants from the estate of the late LTC Edwin F. Westover, who died in 2000 at the age of 102. Westover was a "triple vet", who saw service in the Punitive Expedition in Mexico 1916-1917, World War I and, at the age of 44, in World War II. These pants date from WWII, when Westover served in the Southwest Pacific Area, commanded by GEN MacArthur, and later in the Phillipines as MacArthur's forces moved there. The pants have been in LTC Westover's footlockers for approximately forty-fifity years and were well-stored by his family after his death. Although currently musty from storage, they need only be laundered and pressed

Doug C

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
rust never sleeps

Thats so funny. I noticed someof the ebays of his gear a few months ago. I knew a Westover family & the grandfather was a pilot or navigator in th pacific. His plane was Strange Cargo, as it wouldve dropped a nuke had Japan not surrendered after Nagasaki.
Thought it mightve been the same guy , but its not.

Anyway, I dont think that rust will come out. But try to enjoy the trousers anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner