Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Khaki Trousers - Originals and Reproductions

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
kodou said:
any thoughts on the RL GI pant? I ran across them over on The Trad. They seem like the real deal, and at a slightly higher price point than the J. Crew pant. Both not made in the USA. *I should also add, howevever, that unlike the J Crew pant, I guess they have lower quality buttons.
I was in my town's military surplus store searching for chinos yesterday. They had a few (not in my size) but I was unable to understand the tag on the inside so I could not date them.

Brand X, I was just thinking about something similar the other day. Going by the article in GQ?...or was it Details?...anyways, classic american style seems to be showing up more & more in stores countries outside of the US. I think this is ironic, considering that the American style idea is popular, but the idea of said clothing being made in US is not at all.
Actually, A few years ago, I picked up two pairs of the RL GI Pant. Not to be confused w/ some of the RRL $200 repros.
The GIPant has a very authentic cut & comes in a few shades of khaki & OD.A nice sturdy textile as well. My fave was a british India color.
I highly recommend them.
WHen I purchased them, full price was $75, but by the end of the summer they were on sale for $25.
Occasionally I spot them in close out stores such as Filene'sBasement.

kodou

New in Town
MrBern said:
WHen I purchased them, full price was $75, but by the end of the summer they were on sale for $25.
Occasionally I spot them in close out stores such as Filene'sBasement.
So THAT's how to get'em for cheap...and now I know.
I like those pants from J. Crew as well.
In fact, I was working for J. Crew up until recently. Need to rebuild your wardrobe after college? BEST.IDEA.EVER.

Burnsie

Just got a pair of the Buzz Rickson zipper fly "mil spec chinos" - words can't describe the quality of these things, and they're better for everyday wear than their pattern dated officers trousers. If you can hold off 2 or 3 pairs of Bills or J Crews to get a pair of the Buzz's you won't regret it!

fardin

New in Town
daddy-o said:
According to Mario from Milwaukee and the mil-mil site they will shrink about half an inch in the waist.

hey dady-o
did you ever get a second pair of the buzz pants?
i have a question on the sizing. how are the buzz compared to the lee japan jeans. whats your sizing in both?

kind regards

fardin

New in Town
Burnsie said:
Just got a pair of the Buzz Rickson zipper fly "mil spec chinos" - words can't describe the quality of these things, and they're better for everyday wear than their pattern dated officers trousers. If you can hold off 2 or 3 pairs of Bills or J Crews to get a pair of the Buzz's you won't regret it!

hey burnsie

i am just about to order the same buzz pants, with the talon zipper.
what size would you recommend. i wear 33 in levis 1947 and 33 in levis 1937 and 30 in lee 1955 and 1942 and 1959
maybe you can help me, cause i cant wait to order a pair of BR 40025
kind regards

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
I currently wear the Orvis Brand of Kacki .....They are not as baggy as Bills
but the quality of the fabric is great and the fit is as well.

I also have 4 pairs of brand new Bills Kackies I bought a few years ago that are way to big for me now I believe they are 38's and unhemmed.
If anybody is interested PM me....

Feraud

Bartender
Does anyone have a pair of the Ralph Lauren belted back khakis?
A nice cut and very sturdy.
Excellent for knocking around.
DSC03378.jpg

Burnsie

fardin said:
hey burnsie

i am just about to order the same buzz pants, with the talon zipper.
what size would you recommend. i wear 33 in levis 1947 and 33 in levis 1937 and 30 in lee 1955 and 1942 and 1959
maybe you can help me, cause i cant wait to order a pair of BR 40025
kind regards

Did you already order these? If not it sounds like you wear 33's in shrink to fit and 30's in pre shrunk or sanforized, in that case you would want size 30 Buzz's...they fit true to size. Sorry I didn't see your question until today!!! Good luck and enjoy them

fardin

New in Town
hey burnsie
yes i guess your right. i mean the 32 buzz are taged the same size as the 30 lee japan,but still i should have gone with the 30 or 31 cause they are to big.
i couldnt wait to order them.
but the pants are killer man
kind regards

Burnsie said:
Did you already order these? If not it sounds like you wear 33's in shrink to fit and 30's in pre shrunk or sanforized, in that case you would want size 30 Buzz's...they fit true to size. Sorry I didn't see your question until today!!! Good luck and enjoy them

Edward

Bartender
How are the regular Ralph Lauren khakis in terms of 40s-style fit? I've seen some great deals on them online recently in end of season clearance runs, but I'm trying to avoid any more "bargains" that aren't exactly what I want.... so hard to find a decent-rise trouser these days.....

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
Appologies to all, my Khakies are 40's ....great pants just too big for me...

I now wear Orvis Khakies and they are just as nice...

Burnsie

fardin said:
hey burnsie
yes i guess your right. i mean the 32 buzz are taged the same size as the 30 lee japan,but still i should have gone with the 30 or 31 cause they are to big.
i couldnt wait to order them.
but the pants are killer man
kind regards

I did the same thing - I probably should have gotten size 34 because the 36 are a little big, but I had gotten a pair of the size 35 Buzz's in 1941 officers trousers and had to have them let out, they were TIGHT around the belly (they're really high waisted). So you never know when you order online and can't try them on - fit is all over the place.

fardin

New in Town
Burnsie said:
I did the same thing - I probably should have gotten size 34 because the 36 are a little big, but I had gotten a pair of the size 35 Buzz's in 1941 officers trousers and had to have them let out, they were TIGHT around the belly (they're really high waisted). So you never know when you order online and can't try them on - fit is all over the place.

yes you are right.
well the pants were a bit to big around the waist, but after washing them and putting em in the dryer the fit perfect. interesting cause they are actually already one wash and should not really shrink much, but they did. i usually dont use the dryer for my jeans, but in this case it worked.
those pants are just to nice to be true. going to order another pair soon. i just love them, what a quality.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
jake431 said:
I wanted to post that I have a pair of the J. Crew "Officer khakis" - and I love them; in the store they're the "surplus" model. Not sure why the difference in name. They come with 4 extra buttons, the wear isn't egregious, and they make a fine jeans substitute. Slim without a khaki wedgie.

Gonna be picking up another pair or two soon.

-Jake

Im not really sure why the name changed...it must be a marketing thing.

Theyre not high rise like `30s khakis...I suppose it is more like a relaxed fit jean. I found a pair in a washed out blue, so they'll be my new jeans substitute.
Wish they didnt have the '10 year wash.'
Construction is nice as they are fully tailorable.
I suppose its a modern look with a nod towards vintage.
I like `em...

Doug C

Practically Family
Hey if anyone's interested I have a new [NWT] pair (well I wore 'em one day) of reproduction WWII regulation khakis from Ralph Lauren's RRL line, that I'll be putting in the classified section soon. They are an olive drab color which are a refreshing break from light tan chinos and are size 36X34. Really nice reproductions, retailed for $185.00 new - make an offer, I'll let them go pretty cheap. btw, I will be replacing them with the same ones in a size smaller, they're awesome.

Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner