Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Y'2 Single riders jacket fit check.

goybak

New in Town
Just recieved my first legit leather jacket. Y'2 Hvr -42 hv horsehide made in Japan.

I definitely winged it and took a big chance when I bought it online. The Shop Vancouver was closed for the week and I didn't want to risk it selling out. Was a good sale with no return option. Bought it without any professional guidance.
I'm usually size 40 but this in 42 seems good. Luckily they didn't have size 40 because I would have probably bought it and it would be too tight.
Sleeves are maybe a tiny bit long and the arms are really tight when I bend my elbow. It actually gave me a blood blister on each arm. Hopefully when it's worked in a bit it will loosen. I tried to wear a thick hoodie underneath and I could barely get the jacket on, not sure if that will change.

I love the colour, has alot of cool textures and colour tones to it. The colour looks completely different in different photos. Weird...
Luckily I think the fit is pretty good. Let me know what you guys think?
Size 42. I'm 5'9. 32 waist 41 chest and I weigh about 170.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_211639_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_211639_Gallery.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_20240501_211625_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_211625_Gallery.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20240501_211712_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_211712_Gallery.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 133
  • 20240501_200627.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to FL @goybak ! Hope you find this community a source of positive, helpful information and a friendly place too...

That is a stunning jacket! I really like the color and the fit. I agree the arms are a bit long, but I personally prefer a little too long verses a little too short. The blood-blister topic concerns me, - that should not occur...

How doe sit fit & feel to you? I think personally you did very well here.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Overall the fit looks great but those sleeves look extremely narrow. They will get better when broken in but I can't imagine bending your arms while wearing this jacket will ever be comfortable.

I have the same issue with this Schott, sleeves are too narrow. This pic was taken a year ago when new. It did get better over time but I still feel tension when bending my arms.

IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_7614.jpeg

Last edited:

goybak

New in Town
Welcome to FL @goybak ! Hope you find this community a source of positive, helpful information and a friendly place too...

That is a stunning jacket! I really like the color and the fit. I agree the arms are a bit long, but I personally prefer a little too long verses a little too short. The blood-blister topic concerns me, - that should not occur...

Thanks, with a thin shirt it fits great, only tight around elbows.

Fits and feels good with a thin shirt everywhere except the elbows. I do have electrician forearms... As long as that loosens up a bit I think it will be perfect. Guys also say the length of arms will shrink a bit with use.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Sleeves are maybe a tiny bit long and the arms are really tight when I bend my elbow. It actually gave me a blood blister on each arm.
Exactly my experience with every single Japanese jacket I tried while visiting London. Absurd. I don't think it will get much better - you might be in for discomfort for the rest of your relationship with this jacket.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Great pick up. Really nice tan color in the sun. Nice fit too, the sleeve will roll up a bit and in time you won't notice the length as much. The blood blister is a small price to pay... I think of them as small hickeys my jacket gave me... haha

IMG_1654.JPG

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hahaa, yea mine are very similar. I only wore it for like 30min. Do the hickeys stop?
Yeah once the rolls sets on the sleeves it'll be much better. I roll my sleeves like fruit loops to speed things up. The HV horsehide is really very similar to CXL, it's thick and there is a lot of waxes. Gotta say The Shop does some really nice collab and specs, I follow his account just to see what he does next. Very pricey though. Give it a little time, the rolls will set on those sleeves.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Overall the fit looks great but those sleeves look extremely narrow. They will get better when broken in but I can't imagine bending your arms while wearing this jacket will ever be comfortable.

I have the same issue with this Schott, sleeves are too narrow. This pic was taken a year ago when new. It did get better over time but I still feel tension when bending my arms.

View attachment 610889 View attachment 610891

Haha, from the measurements I thought they'd finally switched from the old undersized Schott Japan pattern but I didn't check the sleeve measurements...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Haha, from the measurements I thought they'd finally switched from the old undersized Schott Japan pattern but I didn't check the sleeve measurements...
The body is definitely wider and fits like a regular Schott. The shoulders are slightly narrow though, the sleeve are too narrow. I think they'll be ok when fully broken in but breaking this jacket in takes a lot longer than expected. Some people say 'Shinki leather' doesn't need any break in. Which is true for some of their leathers but definitively not for this 613 SJH.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Great jacket! Congrats.

I am myself a fan of both Y2 and The Shop. Great collabs there and great customer service.
I am surprised at the narrow sleeves as my Y2‘s come with rather generous sleeve diameters. Have never tried the Single Rider or the HV hide though.

I have had minor scratches at the arms when breaking in CXL horse too, just as @Canuck Panda said. A bit like blisters braking in new boots. It goes away…

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a good fit overall, OP. The body and sleeves are slightly long, but otherwise its a good fit. Narrow sleeves are in issue with most Japanese jackets. It should get more pliable in that area over time, but will always be narrow

goybak

New in Town
Looks like a good fit overall, OP. The body and sleeves are slightly long, but otherwise its a good fit. Narrow sleeves are in issue with most Japanese jackets. It should get more pliable in that area over time, but will always be narrow
Thanks, I do like the look of the more narrow sleeves. Size 40 length is 25, 42 and 44 are 25.25 so not much I could do with the length. I'm happy with what length is. Gives me more options when the weather's colder.
I think most models have women frames. The guys are like 6'1" 180-190 pounds and they wear the size 40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters