Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
…you agree with your doc to apply for your first recovery cure and have a good chance for permission.

Completed the application form for my cure with my doc yesterday and sent it to my pension insurance today. They’ll have to reply within a six weeks deadline after receipt, we’ll see.

IMG_5512.jpeg

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You know you are getting old when…
you say “wow, that’s like magic” when you buy a new iPad and all you have to do is hold your phone near it and everything transfers to your new device with hardly any work at all. Magic!
(I can imagine all you youngsters rolling your eyes!)

… you fail in your attempt to capture your cat to take the furry little ******* to the vet.

I confess that my plan wasn’t well thought-out. I let him see the cat carrier prior to closing off his escape routes. I flushed him out from under the bed but wasn’t quick enough to catch him before he ran to the basement utility room, where there’s so much stuff to hide behind that this old man has no hope to snag the fur-bearing dart.

Out of breath, I called to reschedule the appointment.

And now, an hour later, he’s purring and head-butting me, demanding my attention.

@tonyb
But there's one thing coming to my mind about the pet transport boxes. I always wondered, that so many people use the typical boxes with the frontdoor.
I mean, wouldn't it be easier with a box, you can close from above, in the sense, that maybe the whole top part is removed and you can attach it quickly, when pet is in?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
routemaster-15-rear-1.jpg

They were as British as Big Ben, fish-n-chips, and Monty Python, a double-decker icon of the London streets since 1954: The red Routemaster bus, with a conductor and open platform at the back that gave us kids a chance for a bit of daily daredevilry, jumping on and off a moving bus.

(Giving your parents heart attacks when you did it.)

^^^^^
I once owned a ‘47 Dodge school bus. I had considered getting a double-decker to convert to living quarters — a “tiny house,” as it might be called today. (I know where one is parked, slowly succumbing to the elements.) But I won’t be doing that. I have no place to put it, nor the skills and the tools and the energy to do a proper job of the conversion.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I knew a guy years ago who owned a '49 GMC school bus of the "stubby" variety, and he took it on himself to drive it cross country, from Maine to California, with the idea of living in it along the way. He took a weird northern route, and outside Detroit, the bus went up in smoke. He mused, somewhat bitterly, that it "went home to die."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21