Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You MUST choose. No waffling.

davidraphael

Practically Family
Never read those. Though, I like being surrounded by closet nerds. lol

I prefer Doctor Who. ;) But, that's not what we're here for.

Well, we're all friends here: Douglas Adams (author of Hitchhikers) was the script editor for Dr. Who in the 70s...

Fleischer at its best!

[video=youtube;bU16YFt6-jo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU16YFt6-jo&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;6LEfzup0aNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LEfzup0aNs&feature=related[/video]

Saint-Just

One of the Regulars
I would have chosen Tex Avery as well, but will go with Fleischer.

I am totally astounded Chaplin does not feature more often. I totally accept the genius of Keaton and Lloyd.

But I believe Chaplin was more the complete package

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
It's sort of a poll.

Choice #1: Walt Disney or Max Fleischer?

Choice #2: Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd or Buster Keaton?

1. Disney. (Though I much prefer Tex Avery). :)

2. Buster Keaton. I never found the others to be nearly as funny. But Buster cracks me up. Lol!

davidraphael

Practically Family
lol

Interesting...did he edit any of the scripts for Tom Baker? (Not to get too off topic...) :whistle:

yes, he did indeed. He script edited series 17 (1979). He also wrote several episodes:

The Pirate Planet (the second serial in the "Key To Time" arc, in Season 16)
City of Death (with producer Graham Williams, from an original storyline by writer David Fisher. It was transmitted under the pseudonym "David Agnew")
Shada (only partially filmed and not broadcast due to industrial disputes)

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Interesting, might hafta pull out my VHS Key to Time episodes. ;) I loved that series, though I hated it when Romana regenerated into a different girl. LOL!

Back on topic... :D

I was disappointed to find out how Harold Lloyd did the building climbing scenes for Safety Last! It was brilliant and WAY ahead of it's time, but now I can't watch it without thinking about all the technical stuff that went along with it. :p

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
It's sort of a poll.

Choice #1: Walt Disney or Max Fleischer?

Choice #2: Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd or Buster Keaton?

WHAT??!!!

Okay. Okay.

1) Walt Disney

2) This question is a real tough one for me. However much I like Harold Lloyd, I am going to go with Buster Keaton on this one. I hope Harold is not offended by my decision! lol! I'm glad you didn't ask for a "why". :D

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
I've run all three of the Big Three silent comics for theatre audiences -- Chaplin is the most familiar, Keaton creates awe -- but Lloyd, by far, gets the biggest laughs.

Actually, if I had to name my own personal favorite silent comedian, I'd have to go with Harry Langdon.

Awww....Poor Harry. Everybody kind of forgets him.

So far it seems that Fleischer beats Disney by a big margin with Lloyd in the lead among comedians.

Fleischer (25)
Disney (15)

Harold Lloyd (17)
Buster Keaton (13)
Charlie Chaplin (11)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy