Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite body lotions?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It really depends on the season, or my mood which body lotion I'll use.
My favorite is from The Body Shoppe, I don't have it in front of me right now so I can't remember the name! I want to say it's tangelo but it might be sumatra! Yeah, those names sound so alike!! But it smells like sweet tarts!! Being that I'm a candy addict, this is a great lotion for me. I like this in the summer because it's nice and fresh. Another summer lotion I use is one I just discovered. CVS pharmacy is now expanding their own product line and they are making lotions, body butters, facial and body scrubs. The cherry is wonderful, I don't know too many companies making cherry lotion, and it's not cherry blossom, it's straight up cherry:D

Another favorite is Lucky Girl lotion. It smells fantastic, and it's the silkiest lotion I've ever felt.

PS

A-List Customer
I have a big tin of Nivea I ordered from Germany, that I use on my tougher spots and during the coldest month. I just ordered the 32oz size of the Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion. I like the scent, love how it absorbs, hate the price but it's a treat I deserve it! lol

ehappy

Familiar Face
Cinnamon said:
All Suave lotions, currently I'm using the "Cotton" one.

Cinnamon, that's one of my favorites too! It's on my desk at work, in the big bottle and it's like the communal lotion...everyone that tries it loves the smell!

I like Avon Banana & Coconut Milk, although it's discontinued. Bath and Body Works Wild Honeysuckle. When it's around that time, I love the Pumpkin Spice too.

I'm currently on the lookout for a good spray oil or lotion that keeps skin soft. Anybody have recommendations?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
CBF-lotion_8.5-oz.jpg

I have used this exclusively for almost 10 years. In fact, I use a majority of the Palmer's line (face moisturizer/sunscreen, body wash, lip balm) and have never had better skin. Cocoa butter really agrees with me :)

LD

olive bleu

One Too Many
Calypso Cocoa /African Gold Cocoa Butter is fantastic and i can get a huge bottle of it for $5. ..

or Body Shop Body Butter..any flava.

I have extremely dry skin and no thin, watery, wimpy lotion will cut it for me!

fernande

Vendor
I use AmLactin lotion, which is kind of prescription-y lactic acid based lotion, but it makes you skin sooooo soft. I was thrilled when I saw it in Jumbo Size at Costco. It doens't smell good at all though- well it doesn't really smell. Its clinical.
This is the only "super moiturizer" that I can use that doesn't clog my pores- every time I use Cocoa Butter (like palmers) It feels good at first and smells lovely, but I get little bumps, its just too much.

I'm a huge fan of Aesop and Jurlique skin care. I use the Rose Body Lotion from Jurlique and the Aesop Rind Body Moisturizer (which smells heavenly of vanilla spice and orange)
But they are both pricey- so as weird as it sounds.. I "save" on the good stuff for special days or nights.
I also loooove Tocca's "Cleopatra" its such a unique clean smell. this is also a bit of a splurge (I think a jar of the body cream is $48.00 and it goes fast)
so I use it sparingly.

Otherwise for day to day- I usually pick up a nice organic moisturizer at Whole Foods-Like Desert Essence (love the orange spice )or Pure N Basic. (love the Creme Brulee' flavor)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've used the Cleopatra, it's heavenly!! But, I figure I spend enough on things like under eye cream and face cream, and I"ve found some really reasonably priced lotions, that I can live without the expensive all over body lotion.
The under eye cream I use breaks the bank, but it's so worth it!!
Also, I know a lot of you ladies like cold creams, be careful, they really clog the pores. I know a few dermatologists and a plastic surgeon who all say that they shouldn't be used, even if just for makeup removal. Use it sparingly.
I also love Bigelow Rose Water products. I used them for a really long time but suddenly they started to make my skin get bumpy:(

Oh, and anyone who has really dry skin like we Northerners are prone to in the winter, Eucerine is amazing. It's really thick and has no scent, but it''ll make your skin smooth as silk. When I'm in the hospital I get terribly dry due to the climate in there and dehydration. They prescribed me prescription strength Eucerine and I was in heaven. Now whenever I'm in the hospital I tell them my skin is itchy just so they will give me a big bottle of it!! They do sell it over the counter, but the stuff in the hospital seems to work better.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
perfect scent

Daisy Buchanan said:
CVS pharmacy is now expanding their own product line and they are making lotions, body butters, facial and body scrubs. The cherry is wonderful, I don't know too many companies making cherry lotion, and it's not cherry blossom, it's straight up cherry:D
Hm.. sounds yummy. I go for just about anything that says cherry! I use Body Shop's Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter (hands 'n' feet) and the lighter Puree Body Lotion (the rest). I love this scent, it's sweet in a shy way, very light and fresh. However, it's a limited edition (don't ask me why).

olive bleu

One Too Many
Goldfish said:
The Shirt, I love L'Occitane! Far better than Lush :p

I Second that vote for L'occitane...fabulous products, natural ingredients, and gorgeous packaging..what more can a girl ask for??

although, :eek:fftopic: , I am in deep mourning over the disappearance of the Honey Cream Moisturizer:(

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
I seem to have a large collection of lotions, scrubs and body washes...and I'm not even sure how or when that happened! For a light scent I like Juicy Couture's body cream. It's really thick and moisturizing but isn't super heavily scented. For everyday I usually like the Jaqua line, especially the Coco Buttercream Frosting, or the discontinued Marshmallow Coco (thank goodness I still have a tub left!). I guess I like to smell like food. [huh]

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
My favorite is from Mychelle, one of my favorite natural, junk-free brands. They have two lotions out -- one of them smells awful (in my opinion), and the other one smells amazing and pumpkin-y. The pumpkin one is my favorite, but I've only been able to accomodate it into my budget once, when Wild Oats was having a 50% off cosmetics sale.

I got a bottle of Giovanni lotion for Christmas, and it's nice for everyday use. It's very light and absorbant. I like to use a heavier lotion for night, though, since it's just so dry here.

Mary

Practically Family
Hi Lady day!

I'm curious about these Palmer products and manage to find some in a shop nearby. Is the one on the picture your favorite? Read that they are good on some other spot on the internet. You seem to like them all but which one should I start with?

In the shop I also found some in jars and some where blue and some where white. I asked the shopassistant what the differeces where but she couldn't or wouldn't say. Most peculiar. Didn't get any answers there but maybe some here?!

M

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Palmers parent company, ET Browne has been around for over 150 years. Its been only recently that their products use to be all in the 'old lady' aisle, and have come out with all the bell and whistle lines offering all types of shea/cocoanut and other butters. The basic cocoa butter line I use I believe is one of their oldest formulas.

The bottle I listed is my favorite. Its a thick yellow buttery texture that youll have to cut the bottle open to get the rest out once its 1/3 used up :)

It smells strong of cocoa (its listed near the top of its ingredinets), and people tell me I smell like cookies all the time. I love it.

Take a look around their site. A lot of their lines are just reformulated with less/more water/different fragrence and re packaged. So I tend to stick with their basic line.

http://www.etbrowne.com/Default.aspx

http://www.etbrowne.com/products/Collection.aspx?CollectionID=27
I use ther basic one.

http://www.etbrowne.com/products/Collection.aspx?CategoryID=3&CollectionID=27
I also use their face moisturiser with sun screen. Love it.

LD

zaika

One Too Many
hm. i have a hard time with lotion. it either doesn't work at all (i swear, my skin is the texture of an elephant), or it does but it's sticky and gross.

haven't really tried body butter since the ones i've seen come in these itty bitty containers. i should...

Mary

Practically Family
Quote from Lady Day:

The bottle I listed is my favorite. Its a thick yellow buttery texture that youll have to cut the bottle open to get the rest out once its 1/3 used up

It smells strong of cocoa (its listed near the top of its ingredinets), and people tell me I smell like cookies all the time. I love it.

That's lovely! I want to be cookiesmelling too! M

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
zaika said:
hm. i have a hard time with lotion. it either doesn't work at all (i swear, my skin is the texture of an elephant), or it does but it's sticky and gross.

haven't really tried body butter since the ones i've seen come in these itty bitty containers. i should...

Body butter seems like a good idea for you! It'll probably seem greasy at first, but it'll absorb into your skin within a few minutes. The ones from the Body Shop come in pretty big containers, but you can also get a few small ones if you want to try out the different types.

Also...the Mychelle lotion. Seriously -- amazing. Agh, I just looked for a link to the product on their website, but it doesn't seem to be up there! Well, it's called "Body Ambrosia." I think I'm going to invest in another bottle once I'm done with my Giovanni gift-bottle. The Giovanni just isn't cutting it for the desert, as good as it smells/feels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21