Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Blewbyou

New in Town
Sam Elliott as Wade Garrett in Roadhouse

" I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead"
" This place has a sign hangin' over the urinal that says, "Don't eat the big white mint"
" That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that"

From the untouchables. " Just like a dumb Giny bring a knife to a GUN FIGHT.

Butch Cassidy to the SunDance Kid, Butch sometimes I feel like I have xray vision, and the rest of the world is wearing bifoculs.

BigFitz

Practically Family
Ron Burgundy: Guess what, I do. I know that one day Veronica and I are going to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited!

I have an urgent and horrifying news story. I want all of you to stop what you're doing and listen......

ron burgundy: Guess what, i do. I know that one day veronica and i are going to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited!

cannonball!!!!

DesertDan

One Too Many
Mitch: You know, um, something strange happened to me this morning...
Chris Knight: Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
Mitch: No...
Chris Knight: Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
It's likely been quoted before, but...From Body and Soul, with the great John Garfield as boxer Charley Davis. Although he promised a corrupt promoter he'd throw his last fight as champ, Davis decides to go out with his pride, and does a KO on his opponent. As the film ends, the two men meet by Davis' dressing room:

Promoter: Congratulations, champ...
Davis: Get yourself a new boy. I retire.
Promoter: What makes you think you can get away with this?
Davis: What'a ya gonna do, kill me? Everybody dies...

owlbeen

New in Town
My friends and I love to (mis-)quote The Rocketeer whenever a particularly noisy car goes by:

"Mighty big gopher!"

Though, my favorite is still:

Ciff: (in his flight helmet) How do I look?

Peevy: Like a hood ornament!

BigFitz

Practically Family
"I'm not a baby, I'm a man. I'm an anchorman! I'm the kind of man who discovered the wheel, and built the Eifel Tower out of metal, and brawn. You're just a woman with a small brain. A brain the third the size of us, it's science."

Last edited:

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Mitchie the Kid:

Value this time in your life kids, because this is the time in your life when you still have your choices, and it goes by so fast.

When you’re a teenager you think you can do anything, and you do.

Your twenties are a blur.

Your thirties, you raise your family, you make a little money and you think to yourself, “What happened to my twenties?”

Your forties, you grow a little pot belly you grow another chin. The music starts to get too loud and one of your old girlfriends from high school becomes a grandmother.

Your fifties you have a minor surgery. You’ll call it a procedure, but it’s a surgery.

Your sixties you have a major surgery, the music is still loud but it doesn’t matter because you can’t hear it anyway.

Seventies, you and the wife retire to Fort Lauderdale, you start eating dinner at two in the afternoon, lunch around ten, breakfast the night before. And you spend most of your time wandering around malls looking for the ultimate in soft yogurt and muttering, “How come the kids don’t call?”, “How come the kids don’t call?”

By the eighties, you’ve had a major stroke, and you end up babbling to some Jamaican nurse who your wife can’t stand but who you call mama.

Any questions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn