Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favourite commercials

Cisco -- Don't Have a Meltdown (2008)
Believe it or not, this was actually an ad for Cisco, a high tech company that specializes in networking hardware. When I first saw it I thought it was for real.

(Warning: Strong Language)

Last edited:
As far as Super Bowl commercials go I liked this one that had a cameo by a former Dos Equis pitchman...
This is the first time I've seen that version of the commercial with the cameo by Jonathan Goldsmith. Interesting.

As for the commercial itself, I'm a fan of Jeff Bridges' work and a Big Lebowski fan so I enjoyed seeing him playing the character again, but I don't think the commercial was completely successful in getting the point across that every purchase of "Stella Art-toes" helps to fund their efforts to provide clean drinking water to people around the world who don't have access to it currently.

...He's far more interesting than the new "most interesting man" ... whatever happened to that new guy?
I think he failed to reach the benchmark they set with Mr. Goldsmith in the role. My personal perspective is that Mr. Goldsmith, being an older gent, was able to portray the character as being experienced and having had a life well-lived, while the younger Augustin Legrand (the "new guy") came across as arrogant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ