Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your occupation and how you dress

Aorta

Familiar Face
I'm a student (political/social science) so I'm free concerning my choice of clothes. I tend to wear retro clothes mixed with contemporary pieces when I'm at university. I'll be looking for a job next year so I'll have to look for some clothes for interviews and since I don't like the classic skirt/blouse combination I'd like to have some good quality sixties inspired (black) dresses (à la Audrey Hepburn) which can be combined with a blazer, or a tight-fitting turtleneck or something like that.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Plain ol' lab coat. I do not wear scrubs with them, though, business suit or dress sans jacket and sensible wedgies with closed toes, since I am the medical director of my workplace.
Our staff uniform is scheduled to change in a month (they are changed every 4-5 years) and I am trading my long lab coat for a tailored jacket type white jacket then.
On special occasions, I wear a kimono with a lab coat designed especially for kimonos. :)

Drew B

One of the Regulars
Currently I'm excavating dirt from under my neighbor's house so a termite man to crawl down there.

Think The Great Escape!

escapeDM2908_468x317.jpg

That's me but not as muscular!!! Shame. [huh]

.... so I don't wear nice clothes to work. The guys digging in the movie didn't seem to get as dirty as I have. I guess I don't have a fancy sled thingumo.:p :p :p

Cheers,
Drew.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
University professor.
Brown tweed three piece suit, pointy-collar shirt, bow tie, brown brogues with Brown HJ Poet. Or Donegal tweed beltback two piece suit with spectator shoes and cap. Or tweed Norfolk jacket with plus fours and (genuine) Fair Isle pullover and Argyll stockings with...I'm bored.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I can't do vintage at work. I am a special ed teacher and the kinds of kids I work with there is a lot of physical work involved, between lifting and changing, and restraining on occasion, my vintage attire or look would not hold up well or be practical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy