Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Top 10 TV Shows

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
ClassicIsBetter said:
I watch very little TV, in fact I haven't hooked up the cable after 3 weeks of living in my new place... For worth it's worth, here are my favorites:

1. CSI Las Vegas
2. Early Edition
3. Golden Girls
4. Simpsons
5. House (Apparently I look spot on like Dr. House - I know the season has started when comments start to pick up the pace)
6. Numbers
7. King of Queens

Almost made it to 10...

EARLY EDITION. Word. I loved that show. And QUANTUM LEAP, now that I remember it.

And how could I forget Mission:Impossible? I'm eagerly waiting its release on DVD.

How can anyone not love the 60s Batman series? Milton Berle as Louie the Lilac? Vincent Price as Egghead? Frank Gorshin? Burgess Meredith? Cesar Romero? Unfortunately there are still no plans for the DVD set. Fox owns the prints and wants to release it, knowing there's a fortune to be made, but WB owns the rights and they claim the series is an embarrassment to the franchise. And the string of movies isnt?

Regards,

Senator Jack

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hmm... I don't really follow episode by episode, but if these happen to be on I'll watch them:

-Project Runway
-Gilmore Girls
-If Walls Could Talk (HGTV show about the past lives of houses)
-Cash in the Attic (BBC edition)
-Mr Bean
-Black Adder
-Fawlty Towers
-Are you Being Served
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
-The PBS "House" series (Manor House, 1900s House, Regency House Party...)

Hondo

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
And how could I forget Mission:Impossible? I'm eagerly waiting its release on DVD.

How can anyone not love the 60s Batman series? Milton Berle as Louie the Lilac? Vincent Price as Egghead? Frank Gorshin? Burgess Meredith? Cesar Romero? Unfortunately there are still no plans for the DVD set. Fox owns the prints and wants to release it, knowing there's a fortune to be made, but WB owns the rights and they claim the series is an embarrassment to the franchise. And the string of movies isnt?

Regards,

Senator Jack

You have a point Sir ;) While the show (Batman) was campy, it did have a series of great guest stars. My favorites being Vincent Price and Frank Gorshin, and Burgess Meredith. I recall Yvonne Craig (Batgirl) saying how much fun it was with Vincent Price, he just loved the role as Egghead, so here's to Batman and great guest stars, we miss you guys :eusa_clap

hmmmm, been a while since i saw any TV. Batman was campy and great. Wow: didn't know that about the Batman DVDs. I'd buy it. In no particular order:

The League of Gentlemen
The Office (british one)
Inspector Morse
Poirot (the David Suchet one)
The Simpsons
Futurama
Family Guy (though i've only seen DVDs)
Jeeves and Wooster (featuring House in an early incarnation)
The Day Today
The Kenny Everett Show

and that makes 10.

bk

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first list of ten...

Twelve O'Clock High
Combat
Rat Patrol
Tale of the Gold Monkey
The Fugitive
The Untouchables (1)
The Untouchables (2)
Love American Style
Saturday Night Live
The Rough Riders (the first show I remember c. 1957)

I'm sure I'll come up with another complete list of ten, again!

-dixon cannon

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
The Carol Burnett Show
WKRP in Cincinatti
M*A*S*H
Whose Line is it Anyway?
The Red Green Show
Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett)
Freaks and Geeks
Seinfeld
The Cosby Show
The Andy Griffith Show

Only one or two of these shows are still going. I do like "Judge Judy," "My Name is Earl" and "The Office," but most shows now, I turn them on and I just don't get it.

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
Jack Scorpion said:
EARLY EDITION. Word. I loved that show. And QUANTUM LEAP, now that I remember it.

QUANTUM LEAP!!! That show rocked! I have season 1 and 2 on DVD. Haven't bought the others yet. There is a long standing rumor that there will be another Quantum Leap, with the daughter of Sam as the lead character. It will be written by the original creator/writer for the Sci/Fi channel. It has been confirmed but Don (writer/creator) has been busy with other projects.

Hondo

One Too Many
Older shows

Not many older folks here huh? [huh] not even reruns [huh] , How about "The Highway Patrol" with Broderick Crawford, (10-4 and out!) or 1954's The Line-Up (police drama) Syndicated Title: (reruns) 1957, San Francisco Beat, Lt. Ben Guthrie or Inspector Matt Greb.
Not that I'm that old but I did watch the reruns of both shows.

Honorable mention: The Streets of San Francisco" with Karl Malden and a young Michael Douglas :eusa_clap

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
ClassicIsBetter said:
QUANTUM LEAP!!! That show rocked! I have season 1 and 2 on DVD. Haven't bought the others yet. There is a long standing rumor that there will be another Quantum Leap, with the daughter of Sam as the lead character. It will be written by the original creator/writer for the Sci/Fi channel. It has been confirmed but Don (writer/creator) has been busy with other projects.

I heard Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell are doing a reunion somethingorother this/next year.

Cobden

Practically Family
Most of these no-one outside of the UK will have heard of, but I thought I'd better add mine

10. Look Around You
9. Family Guy
8. The Day Today
7. Time Trumpet (the funniest, most original shew on TV at the moment)
6. CSI (bit bored of it now, but still good)
5. Brass Eye
4. Clochemerle (no-one has ever heard of this - not on DVD or VHS, made in the late 70's - and I've only seen it due to a very old recorded off TV VHS)
3. Dr Who (both the original and new series)
2. Smiley's People
1. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (if you haven't, watch this mini series. Not being dramatic, but it is the best TV shew ever made. Alex Guiness's only TV role - Smiley's People is the sequel, but TTSS is marginally better)

Cobden

Practically Family
carebear said:
My dad used to watch Tinker,tailor when I was younger. Must have been on PBS.

I'm sure it must have been shewn in the US at some point; it's too good not to have been.

Seriously, buy this programme on DVD - even if you have to import a British DVD player and a British US plug adaptor. It is worth it!

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
Jack Scorpion said:
I heard Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell are doing a reunion somethingorother this/next year.

I forgot about that. I remember reading about that in an article. I remember reading that Scott couldn't do at the time because of his work with Star Trek, but would love to do it... Now that he's availabe, I'd love to see Q.L. tie up loose ends..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass