Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Top 10 TV Shows

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
In no particular order ..

Carnivale
The Young Ones
Twin Peaks
Blackadder
Taxi
Barney Miller
The Green Hornet
Sanford and Son
I Love Lucy
Sigmund and The Seamonster

*Goes to 11* I never miss an episode of Q.I.

+ Reality shows dealing with Food, Fashion, or Design
+ Bill Moyers' "Faith And Reason" series

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
1. The Munsters
2. The Beverly Hillbillies
3. Father Ted
4. Futurama
5. Trailer Park Boys
6. The Young Ones
7. Bottom
8. Deadwood
9. Blackadder
10. The Avengers

And honorary mention - Monty Python's Flying Circus

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
1. The Prisoner
2. The Avengers
3. The Adams Family
4. Strong Pioson, Have His Carcas and Gaudy Night with Edward Petherbridge as Lord Peter
5. Jeeves and Wooster
6. Monty Python's Flying Circus
7. Fawlty Towers
8. Barrymore (UK variety show)
9. Get Smart
10. Family Guy (I live there)

I can't forget "Little Sod" a little filler about a baby on BBC (I think) maybe SKY1.
Little Sod - "Matron? What's a Matr...BLOODY HELL!!!"

Current: (when I'm trapped at my grandmother's for the odd weekend; otherwise, y'all know where I spend my evenings... Hey, aside from my ex-profs and the staff at the local diner, y'all are the only 'personal life' I have! I know, I just opened myself up to potshotting--do your worst...)
->Dogfights
->Modern Marvels
->Mail Call (wish they'd ditch the extended "cartoon" titles and cuts, and "cut to the chase" for more quality-time with the Gunny--OOOHRAH!)
->Anything WWII on History Channel or Discovery
->Whatever Discovery shows for "Shark Week"
->Junkyard Wars and Monster Garage (occasionally)
->A lot of late-night Fox News (as long as it's not H&C--I can't stand Colmes, and my tolerance for Hannity ain't much better)

Version 1.0's entertainment habits: (ca. mid-1980s; 1.0 personality terminated August 1989)
->The A-Team (no Mr. T jokes, it sounds like I tended to try to be more like a mix of the other 3 anyway! More 'Hannibal' than 'Face' or 'Murdock', though...)
->Airwolf (yeah, JMV was a stoner, the show woulda been better with Borgnine handling the chopper solo)
->Knight Rider (shoulda been just KITT by itself, or with just the girl and the old guy--either way, without Hasselhoff to muck things up)
->Magnum, P.I.

Somewhere between Version 2.0 implementation and now:
->The Equalizer
->Walker, Texas Ranger (only occasional; a little cheesy and typical Chuck Norris fare, but still has some entertainment value and a good message--besides, who doesn't like seeing some dirtball get a CNRhK*-into-next-week attitude-adjustment every now and then?)

*CNRhK=Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Just ten?

1. The Office (US version)
2. Lost
3. Ugly Betty
4. Masterpiece Theater/Mystery
5. Antiques Roadshow
6. Good Eats
7. Jeopardy
8. The X-Files
9. Freaks & Geeks
10. Weeds

Viola

Call Me a Cab
1) Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
2) Firefly.
3) A-Team.
4) The City Gardener.
6) Batman: The Animated Series.
7) Justice League.
8) Gardening By The Yard with Paul James.
9) Walker Texas Ranger
10) That wretched but oddly enchanting Magnificent Seven series from '97.

Yep. I reveal it all on this board; I'm a Trekkie, a westerns geek, a westerns-in-space geek, and I like garden shows. And I like Chuck Norris for reasons that are a mystery even to myself.

The A-Team made an enormous impression on me watching reruns in syndication when I was five. I think Face was my first crush, because he had a machine gun, and MacGuyver didn't. lol

And 11) would be Dukes of Hazzard.

-Viola

Viola said:
Yep. I reveal it all on this board; I'm a Trekkie, a westerns geek, a westerns-in-space geek, and I like garden shows. And I like Chuck Norris for reasons that are a mystery even to myself.

Miss Viola, why don't you just come out and admit your inner geek? There's nothing wrong with it, and you're in good company...;) lol

Besides, it's hard not to like the awesomeness that is Chuck--about as resistible as a CNRhK...lol (I'm not even a beer drinker, and I'd sit down to talk martial-arts over a couple barley-pops...)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
You found me out, Diamondback. I am...a geek! :eek:

First, there's Chuck himself, who's cool. Then there's the surreal writing of Walker, in which he's a cowboy-indian-ninja who beats up evil gangster nazi drug dealers! What's not to love?

Also the crossover episode with Sammo Hung of Martial Law was insane, in a good way.

-Viola

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i don't really watch tv, but here's a list of shows i enjoy on dvd, in no particular order, with pointless commentary

carnivale - i just finished season one and i loved everything about it!
my so-called life - i WAS angela chase.
freaks and geeks - hilarious and just great.
space ghost coast to coast - zorak on the golden girls: i love the one where they all eat contaminated geritol and die!
the l-word - so non-realistic. drama!
degrassi: the next generation - teen drama!
degrassi junior high - more teen drama!
seinfeld - hilarious x 20
wonder years - not on dvd yet, as far as i know. i wish it was!

Novella

Practically Family
Viola said:
10) That wretched but oddly enchanting Magnificent Seven series from '97.

Wow, someone else who likes that show! Very cool. It's sort of cheesy, but in the best way. Always some great quoteables and at least one shoot out per episode! Everyone in the cast does such a good job in their roles, I think that's part of the charm of it. The second season just came out on DVD this week and I can't wait to get it. :D

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Novella said:
Wow, someone else who likes that show! Very cool. It's sort of cheesy, but in the best way. Always some great quoteables and at least one shoot out per episode! Everyone in the cast does such a good job in their roles, I think that's part of the charm of it. The second season just came out on DVD this week and I can't wait to get it. :D

I'm a huge Ron Perlman fan girl, too, and Eric Close isn't exactly painful to look at. lol

A pic of Eric Close as Vin Tanner, for those who somehow missed the wonder of the Magnificent Seven series:

vinkh6.jpg

Did I mention I was 13 when this show started? lol

-Viola

Viola

Call Me a Cab
ezrakm0.jpg

You do have a point, Novella, he is pretty cute. :)

I had a .wav of him drawling "A gennleman does not engahge in menial laabaa" for a long time that I should try to find again. It was just the sound effect for when a file refuses to load. lol

-Viola

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Well I go with at the moment:

1. Monty Python's Flying Circus
2. The Class
3. How I Met Your Mother
4. Heroes
5. House
6. Bones
7. Lost (I can't look away.)
8. The Office
9. Hell's Kitchen
10. America's Got Talent (Hasselhoff drooling over a burlesque dancer, priceless.)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
In no particular oder.
1) Star Trek
2) Star Trek TNG
3) Star Trek Voyager
4) House
5) Angel
6) Charmed
7) Hazel
8) Father Knows Best
9) Phil of the Future (I can drool over Ricky Ullman, he may look young but he is of legal age!!!)
10) Smurfs
and gee, actually I could go on. Even though I don't watch as much tv now as I used to, there used to be some kick batootie shows on!!
and yes, I am in touch with my inner geek!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
1. Batman the Animated Series
2. Gargoyles
3. Thundercats
4. House
5. Star Trek TNG
6. Six Feet Under
7. Transformers
8. Daria
9. Real Time with Bill Maher
10. In Living Color

LD

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
1. The Simpsons
2. The Office
3. Lost
4. Seinfeld
5. The Cosby Show
6. Andy Griffith Show
7. Cheap Seats (On ESPN Classic)
8. The Muppet Show
9. Local Community Access Television
10. Antique Road Show

I am pretty confident that is the complete list. The wife and I really do not watch much television, but we usually do not miss those shows. Especially the first four.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
1. The Prisoner
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3. Deadwood
4. Star Trek: The Next Generation
5. The Simpsons
6. Six Feet Under
7. Degrassi Junior High
8. Powerpuff Girls
9. Frontline
10. Family Guy

Naphtali

Practically Family
I have not watched television for about 2-1/2 years -- probably missed zip. And no angst over the state of the world.

In no particular order here we go:

1. Meet Mr. Wizard. The original 1950s show was the single finest entertainment-learning tool ever.

2. Rockford Files

3. Banecek

4. Jonathan Creek. This British series' theme is similar to Banecek's -- illusion is not necessarily reality.

5. Monk. I miss Monk. Is it still as entertaining as the first "seasons?"

6. Trials of O'Brien. Peter Falk as a sleazy lawyer. Is that a redundancy? The show lasted, I think, half a season.

7. Richard Boone Repertory Theater. This was a wonderful show. There was a stock of players. Each episode stood alone. It was comparable to Studio 1, I believe, but I am too young to have appreciated Studio 1. The show lasted perhaps ten episodes. "Captain Al Sanchez" was a memorable episode.

8. The Sandbaggers. This British series about espionage was gripping, kind've like good John Le Carr?© or Len Deighton.

9. Mike Hammer. The original 1950s series, starring Darren McGavin was the highlight of my Saturday night when I was a child. McGavin was a brutal, fun-loving Hammer, probably very close to Spillane's vision.

10. Peter Gunn. I never really noticed whether the show was above average. I thoroughly enjoyed Henry Mancini's jazz score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass