Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Top 10 TV Shows

swinggal

One Too Many
1. Jeeves and Wooster
2. Mad Men
3. Dexter
4. The Camomile Lawn
5. The House of Elliot
6. Dr Who (70s especially)
7. Being Human
8. Dads Army ('You stuuupid boy...')
9. The Wonder Years
10. Freaks and Geeks

sorry, cant do just 10...

11. Firefly
12. Blackadder
13. The Avengers
14. Battlestar Galactica (80s series)
15. Armstrong and Miller
16. Fawlty Towers
17. The Cazalets
18. Edward and Mrs Simpson
19. The World at War
20. Good Night Sweetheart

oh and
21. Defying Gravity from last year. Awesome US sci-fi that got canned after one series!!!! :(

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am not sure if these are in order.
Doctor Who
Big Bang Theory
Top Gear
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
Jeeves and Wooster
Mythbusters

And... I am out. I watch other shows, but none of them get to be on the list, although House gets and honorable mention.

Since I have no real criteria for ranking them, I'll simply list them in alphabetical order.

(The) Addams Family
Battlestar Galactica (new series)
Dexter
Dirty Jobs
Firefly
House M.D.
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Kung Fu
Mythbusters
Six Feet Under
Star Trek (original series)
Top Gear

I know that's 12, but since I have no criteria for determining which I like best, I couldn't possibly have any criteria for determining which two I'd omit. :cool2:

MD_SPencer

New in Town
1.Treme
2.The Wire
3.Dexter
4.No Reservations (with Anthony Bordain)
5.Myth Busters
6.Ramsey’s Kitchen nightmares)
7.Doctor Who (David Tenet & Tom Baker)
8.Bones
9.South Park
10.Life on Mars

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Hill Street Blues
Kolchak - The Night Stalker
Cagney and Lacey
Quantum Leap
You Bet Your Life
MST 3K
American Gothic
Twin Peaks
Night Gallery
Dark Shadows (the original)
Dr. Who (up to and definitely including Tom Baker)

Sorry, 11, but who's counting? :)

In a vague order of preference, although I'd be hard pressed to choose my favourite between the first 2...

I do feel deprived at not being able to see more of the telly programs from the beginning of the medium. When I was a kid I remember seeing older programs like I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show or Leave it to Beaver pretty frequently and being entertained by them. If only there were the TV show equivalent of TCM...

Havana

One of the Regulars
No particular order here.

The Twilight Zone
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Starsky and Hutch (especially the early Michael Mann episodes)
Miami Vice (seasons 1 & 2 only)
Remington Steele
Moonlighting
Magnum, P.I.
Tales of the Gold Monkey
Crime Story
The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr.
MST 3K
Burn Notice

That's 12 but sadly only one from this decade.

Rock31

Familiar Face
In no particular order:

Burn Notice
White Collar
Royal Pains
House M.D.
Entourage
American Pickers
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
River Monsters
Mythbusters
Survivorman

Chas

One Too Many
My Favorite Ten:

• I, Claudius (BBC, 1976)
  • Six Feet Under (HBO, 2001-2005)
  • The World At War (ITV 1973-1974)
  • Roots (ABC 1977)
  • South Park (CC 1997-20??)
  • Monty Python's Flying Circus(BBC 1969-1974)
  • The Kids In The Hall (CBC/HBO 1988-1994)
  • SCTV (1976-1984)
  • Survivorman
  • The Venture Brothers

swinggal

One Too Many
Chas said:
My Favorite Ten:

• I, Claudius (BBC, 1976)
  • Six Feet Under (HBO, 2001-2005)
  • The World At War (ITV 1973-1974)
  • Roots (ABC 1977)
  • South Park (CC 1997-20??)
  • Monty Python's Flying Circus(BBC 1969-1974)
  • The Kids In The Hall (CBC/HBO 1988-1994)
  • SCTV (1976-1984)
  • Survivorman
  • The Venture Brothers

The World at War was awesome. I watched it as a kid with my dad and it fueled my interest in history. I watched it all again recently. I, Claudius was good too, as was Danger UXB, Wings, Weapons of War and To Serve them all my Days. BBC always make such great TV.

ClassicMan1966

New in Town
Senator Jack said:
How can anyone not love the 60s Batman series? Milton Berle as Louie the Lilac? Vincent Price as Egghead? Frank Gorshin? Burgess Meredith? Cesar Romero? Unfortunately there are still no plans for the DVD set. Fox owns the prints and wants to release it, knowing there's a fortune to be made, but WB owns the rights and they claim the series is an embarrassment to the franchise. And the string of movies isnt?

If you look past the campiness of the show, "Batman" was more faithful to the comics at the time than the movies ever made by WB in the past twenty years or so.

ClassicMan1966

New in Town
Here's my list...

I Love Lucy
The Andy Griffith Show
Bonanza
Star Trek
The Six Million Dollar Man
Happy Days
Knight Rider
Wonder Woman
Battlestar Galatica (the original)
The Cosby Show

MrFairchild

New in Town
Am I the only one who likes Sgt. Bilko, here?

My Top 10 in chronological order (1 and 2 are a difficult decision to make)

1. The Phil Silvers Show (Sgt. Bilko)
2. Carnivale
3. The Twilight Zone (The old, black and white TZ)
4. House MD
5. How I Met Your Mother
6. The IT Crowd
7. The Lost Room (Mini Series)
8. Hogan's Heroes
9. Family Affair
10. Dexter

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
1) The Andy Griffith Show - My absolute favorite. I'm a member of the Andy Griffith Show Rerun Watchers' Club.
2) The Untouchables - The music, the wardrobe, the cars, the narration, what's not to love. And Kevin Kostner is not Eliott Ness, Robert Stack is. (And in the movie version Connery stole the show with the whole "...that's the Chicago way" speech.
3) Lovejoy Mysteries - based very loosely on the Jonathon Gash books. A lot of comedy mixed in with the mystery. Not everyone loves it, the antiques are not featured as much as I'd like, BUT on a rainy dreary night there is nothing I'd like better to watch on the telly while drinking some hot tea. (Plus it's nice to remember that once upon a time Ian McShane could go a whole hour without saying the "F" word.)
4) McHale's Navy - Ernest Borgnine, Tim Conway, Joe Flynn, Carl Ballatine... A cast that is just a treat to watch even if it's the same story line most of the time.
5) Driving Through History - A Christian history show from Coldwater Media. The host gets a little silly now and then, but in the first couple of seasons he drives all over hitting places mentioned in the New Testament. The3rd season focuses on American history.
6) Crime Story - MY brother and I can talk for hours about how cool this show was. Dennis Farina was tough as nails. And an atomic bomb cliff hanger. Only on for two seasons - seems like they moved it from Friday night to some other night.
7) Alfred Hitchcock Presents - I grew up watching this with my parents every Saturday night on the independent channel . Who needed the Love Boat?
8) The Sportswriters on TV - The Chicago cable show, NOT the ESPN rip-off version of it
9) Top Gear - The original. Still hoping the new US version is good, but not holding my breath.
10) Magnum PI - I saw that. YOU just looked directly at your computer screen and raised your eye brows twice.

Almost making the cut... Good Eats, Baseball Tonight, The Cosby Show, Black Books, Simon & Simon, Last of the Summer Wine, Sanford and Son, Psych. I liked Nero Wolfe, but hated that it was the same cast week after week. I have been reading the books, but can't help but picture Maury Chaykin and Timothy Hutton in the leads.
Columbo was great, but can I actually count one of the "Mystery Movies"? It wasn't so much a show, but a made for TV movie available roughly once a month. I guess it's the same deal with Inspector Morse and Poirot.

davidraphael

Practically Family
Twin Peaks
Dexter
30 Rock
Dr. Who
The League of Gentlemen
The Office (uk)
Frasier
Star Trek (original)
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Boston Legal