Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You've got to be kidding me, guys.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Yes, it's reeeeaalllly nice, but as a 42R, I wouldn't quite call that a Large. Maybe in the lower ranges of medium. The problem with being exactly medium size is that's what's always sold out, and, as far as vintage is concerned, that's what always gets worn out. You look at the end of season sales, it's always the smallest sizes that have the most pieces left unsold. [huh]

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
And who ever said...

"An inch never made a difference?" [huh] Oh, the joy of the hunt and the baying of the hounds just gets the blood up when you see a little cracker of a gem on the bay.;)

Feraud

Bartender
Baron Kurtz said:
23.5" across the chest and 20" shoulders and 32" long is not my idea of a medium. This jacket was made for a tall, large-chested man.

bk
Agreed. Those measurements and the label confused me a bit.
It is a beautiful jacket at a steal of a price.

I understand it's not everyone's thing, and penny saving is a good thing (any sign of it yet, btw?). Doing the same myself; damn these house prices! But i thought more than one person might have been interested is all. [huh]

Arms are pretty short, i guess, compared to the rest of the jacket. Maybe this explains the lack of interest?

(I realise my first post of the thread makes me come across like a bit of an ass. I'm just in shock; i'll get over it. That seller has to be wondering what they did wrong, except the truly horrendous mannequin-kopf.)

bk

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
23.5" across the chest and 20" shoulders and 32" long is not my idea of a medium. This jacket was made for a tall, large-chested man.

bk

Sounds more like a boy's size to me ... :D

Copper

One of the Regulars
Big Man said:
Sounds more like a boy's size to me ... :D

Regrettably, I have to concur... though I don't think that I match your proportions, this jacket would last have fit me when I was about 13.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Could it be a women's version?

That would explain the shorter arms than seem logical with that chest size...
except it buttons on the male side... odd.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well- the sleeve does seem a little too short and the description mentions fading and staining. If you've seen how that Indigo coloured Gab fades, it might be off-putting.

Womens- no. Buttons to the Man side and the size would surely be a Womens size.

I guess the desperate eBayers were not even that interested.
But at that price, it's worth it, just to have an example.

B
T

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy