Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zip in Liner, Zipper Pull on the Liner

I am looking for models of leather jackets that have zip in liners where the zipper pull is on the liner & not the jacket.
I have some off brand MC jackets, MAS, where the zipper pulls are on the jacket.
Are Schott, Brooks, etc. jackets with zip in liners configured this way?
TIA

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I had a jacket by Kudsak that had what you describe. The jacket was a G1-A2 style crossbred mall jacket but in the days before everything was made in China. This one was made in France and a very high quality back in 1989.
Sorry, not the sort of thing I would take photo's of and I sold it recently. That £200 jacket turned into a £35 sale, not on the dreaded 'Bay' though, a face to face sale.
Worth hunting down but they usually come up on eBay.Fra or whatever the French version is.
J

My Vanson has zip-in liner zipper pull sewn into the liner, right where the liner connects to the leather, but I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

KELORGO

New in Town
gtdean48,

Check out the jackets on line at Pop's Leather. I have a G1 from them and it has the zipper pull and female half on the Thinsulate liner, not on the jacket. Only the male part of the zipper remains on the jacket when the liner is removed. Can't recommend Pop's enough.

KELORGO

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I have a Schott 644 ( same as the 141, but different leather) the male part is on the jacket and the puller/slider on the liner.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48,

Check out the jackets on line at Pop's Leather. I have a G1 from them and it has the zipper pull and female half on the Thinsulate liner, not on the jacket. Only the male part of the zipper remains on the jacket when the liner is removed. Can't recommend Pop's enough.

KELORGO

Pop's modern RAF jacket has the option of a zip-out lining IIRC. Good looking, versatile jacket.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I don't think I have ever seen a removable liner where the zipper pull (the part that moves along the zipper) stayed with the jacket when the liner was removed. This would be on Schott, Excelled, Wilson leather, and a few others with names I've forgotten.

Andy B.

Thanks all for the great replies.
I have zip-out liners that are wearable themselves that definitely have zipper pulls.
I have an unlabeled MC jacket that originally had a liner & am looking for brands to consider in my search for a replacement.
Not a very hopeful endeavor & have micro-fleece to layer regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR