Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zippers and watches

oskar

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone,

If you wear a leather jacket with a watch. Is there a risk that the zipper of the sleeve will scratch it?

Do you have any experiece with it?

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I think regarding scratches on the glass all you can say is "it depends", do you have super fancy saphire glass or not?
Scratches on the body definitely, my Titanium Tissot Touch was scratched by sleeves zippers.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My experience too. The gusseted zipper of my HWM doesn‘t even come close to touching my watch. On the other side, in case your watch might have kind of a sharp edged bezel or case/bracelet it might damage the lining/sleeve of your jacket on longer run.

full

Last edited:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, that’s certainly true but might also depend on the materials to hit eachother. Couldn’t imagine that brass zippers would leave much damage on a normal „316L“ steel case.
In doubt, buy a „tegimented“ Sinn that will rather damage any zipper instead the other way round.

As a owner of a few vintage watches I have not experienced zipper issues but have had snap issues. I tend to keep the cuffs on my jackets unsnapped. With my larger watches some times I can hear the bottom of the snap hit the crystal. As stated above the type of crystal will make a difference on scratches.

Attachments

• IMG_2685.jpg
    IMG_2685.jpg
    979.9 KB · Views: 118

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner