Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

quikrick

One Too Many
Love the pictures. I hope you enjoyed some great wine while you were there.
IMG_7437.jpeg

YES! Bonny Doon Picpoul. The perfect warm weather wine. The grape is originally from France, but grown locally.
OH YES... the hat. Penman milan straw.

The Shoe

One Too Many
View attachment 541745
YES! Bonny Doon Picpoul. The perfect warm weather wine. The grape is originally from France, but grown locally.
OH YES... the hat. Penman milan straw.
Not a grape I’m familiar with, but I’ve had a few wines from the region and am yet to be disappointed, so I’m sure it was a nice drop. The olives ‘n‘ ham look like the perfect accompaniment, too…and the hat looks great, as always.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
This was at the di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art in the Napa Valley. They have a some pretty big indoor galleries with some cool displays from local Northern California artists mostly from the late 1960's and 1970's.... so yes, hippie stuff before my time. These pics are from the outdoor park/gardens.

View attachment 541740 View attachment 541741 View attachment 541742 View attachment 541743
Great photos and a very nice hat. Looks like you accessorized appropriately with a Santana tshirt (everything after the hat being accessory, no?).

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I spent the early part of this week "afield" with my family. We camped at Lost Lake. It was wonderful to be somewhere without cell phone reception for a few days. I brought my Akubra Stockman along for the trip. In the last picture my daughter wanted to ride on my shoulders during hike so she got to wear my hat for a while.
20230822_122818.jpg

20230821_120848.jpg

20230822_123711.jpg
20230822_160938.jpg
20230820_181425.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I spent the early part of this week "afield" with my family. We camped at Lost Lake. It was wonderful to be somewhere without cell phone reception for a few days. I brought my Akubra Stockman along for the trip. In the last picture my daughter wanted to ride on my shoulders during hike so she got to wear my hat for a while.
View attachment 542329
View attachment 542328
View attachment 542326 View attachment 542327 View attachment 542330
I am always amazed by the beauty of the American Northwest. That shot of you all on the paddle boards is inspirational. Plus, how lucky are you to have a dog smart enough to swim ashore and set up that shot (and even get himself in it)? ;)

Continued from last post...

20230903_110246.jpg
20230903_140541.jpg
20230903_174718.jpg
IMG_4019.jpg

Photos in order starting with last post....the view from a big rock on the side of the road near Sewanee, TN, an old Harley Davidson in a storefront window in Stevenson, AL, Fall Creek Falls state park, TN (zoom in to see the people at the bottom to get a sense of scale) next 2 are from Greeter Falls, TN....first pic this post from Foster Falls state park, TN, next is the Capt. John Snodgrass Bridge over the Tennessee River near Stevenson, AL, view of the Little River in northeast AL looking downriver from atop where the waterfall would normally be but it's been a long hot summer, and last is me enjoying a few cold ones on the patio at sunset in Monteagle, TN.

Mighty44

One Too Many

View attachment 544999 View attachment 545001 View attachment 545002 View attachment 545003

Photos in order starting with last post....the view from a big rock on the side of the road near Sewanee, TN, an old Harley Davidson in a storefront window in Stevenson, AL, Fall Creek Falls state park, TN (zoom in to see the people at the bottom to get a sense of scale) next 2 are from Greeter Falls, TN....first pic this post from Foster Falls state park, TN, next is the Capt. John Snodgrass Bridge over the Tennessee River near Stevenson, AL, view of the Little River in northeast AL looking downriver from atop where the waterfall would normally be but it's been a long hot summer, and last is me enjoying a few cold ones on the patio at sunset in Monteagle, TN.
Looks amazing—the zoom in completely changes that photo!

RBH

Bartender

View attachment 544999 View attachment 545001 View attachment 545002 View attachment 545003

Dale, we had a couple of FedoraFest in Monteagle. Had dinner at Capone's High Point.
We also enjoyed the patio at Shenanigins in nearby Sewanee.

at High Point

img_2019-jpg.385923

Dale, we had a couple of FedoraFest in Monteagle. Had dinner at Capone's High Point.

at High Point

img_2019-jpg.385923
Rusty, I've mentioned this around here before but years ago, (77-80) I made weekly visits to Winchester and Monteagle. I worked for my uncle and dad selling welding supplies in those areas. Winchester Hat Co. was a customer that I made weekly visits to. Their maintenance dept. used a little oxy/acetylene and a few other things. At the time they had a retail operation on the property as well. I don't remember a lot about the hats they offered but they had quite a few westerns. At the time a quality hat for me was one I could afford and I bought several from them.

at High Point

img_2019-jpg.385923
That looks like an awesome time! A lady in Sewanee told us about the Highpoint, and we were real interested in checking it out, but we couldnt get a reservation for any of the nights we were there. We'll try to plan better next time we're up that direction.
20230903_095333.jpg

20230903_095312.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou