Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

The Shoe

One Too Many
My niece gave us a bottle of Fuji-Sanroku as a thanks for putting her up and showi her around a bit recently. Today we cracked it open. It’s a pleasant enough drop. Probably not one we’d purchase for ourselves,, but we will certainly enjoy sipping it, and all the more since it came from a grateful niece. The hat is my ‘60s Stylemaster with its new front pinch.
IMG_2131.jpeg
IMG_2132.jpeg
IMG_2135.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Last edited:
Orange Blossom Belgian Blonde Ale from Moody Tongue Brewing, Chicago. 5.4% ABV (was expecting more) that I would classify as light on flavor. Does have a soft honey orange & brown stone fruit flavor. Probably enjoyed best with a light meal, maybe pasta with white sauce or linguini perhaps. Not a beer after cutting the grass!

IMG_0385.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

Then home outside on the veranda with my dog. I chose a couple drams of Wheated bourbon which I thought would complement the flavor of the blonde ale.

IMG_0391.jpeg

IMG_0392.jpeg

IMG_0393.jpeg

A hot day here spent under the Stetson Shantung 10X.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
i-nGk2Lnr-M.jpg

Saturday evening's house paty featured Mike Dowling. Arriving home I poured a Surley Todd The Axe Man IPA and walked about. I followed it with Four Roses relaxing on the deck.

Yesterday I enjoyed listening to Phil Heywood and Eric Lugosch. It was an early evening of blues/jazz. Since it was hosted at the Dubliner Bar a Guinness was appropriate. I do appreciate a good pour.

i-QFnJtJt-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Me too. But I’m afraid that is an art quickly being lost with draft beers & 20-something part time barkeeps.
Agreed. This was a 50 something guy at a bar in St.Paul with the name Dubliners. The guy took his time and poured a beer that exceeded my expectations. I am speaking to the audience, but I was reminded how good a Guinness on tap tastes. In a good way it is different than bottled.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Opened the Scarabus cask strength today. A bit much kick for Etsuko - she ended up adding some ice cubes, but I enjoyed it straight.
IMG_2167.jpeg

I wasn’t wearing a hat, but earlier, I was reading outside in my Akubra Blue Mountains while sitting outside reading my book. Here it is with the Scarabus, and the Old Ballantruan we warmed up with.
IMG_2168.jpeg

The Old Ballantruan is a great value whisky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou