Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HATS WITH HISTORY

Mighty44

One Too Many
View attachment 608462
This hat used to belong to this gentleman,
View attachment 608449
Mr. Wulsin was once the CEO of the Baldwin Piano Co. and a member of what some consider the most powerful equestrian organisation in the world, Rancheros Visitadores. You can see more of the hat and others here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/rancheros-visitadores-1951-w-graphics-by-joe-de-yong.62898/

There’s quite a bit of info available on Mr. Wulsin. He lived a long and colorful life. Couldn’t play the piano, though.
Beautiful hat.

Thundercolt

One of the Regulars
Vintage Cow-Boy Hat from the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum

Vintage.JPG

There are several descendants of the Younger family around these parts but no one knows where one of the last hats Cole wore before his passing might be.

View attachment 616326
View attachment 616327

I remember going to a family reunion at Roscoe, Missouri in the 1980s and at the old family place (my wife’s great-grandparents) we were shown an old wagon in the barn with “C. Younger” painted on the side. There was some dispute between my wife’s grandfather and a sibling over who should have been the caretaker of that wagon — Grandpa didn’t end up with it.

I remember going to a family reunion at Roscoe, Missouri in the 1980s and at the old family place (my wife’s great-grandparents) we were shown an old wagon in the barn with “C. Younger” painted on the side. There was some dispute between my wife’s grandfather and a sibling over who should have been the caretaker of that wagon — Grandpa didn’t end up with it.
Big family, the Youngers owned property outside Roscoe closer to Monegaw Springs. They were well known & respected around Osceola. Respect only grew after federal troops burned Osceola to the ground, & John Younger was killed by the Pinkertons nearby later. Hard to know who the wagon might have belonged to.

There was a dancehall at Monegaw Springs that stood until the 1970’s. Rumor was that Cole buried the Younger’s share of the AR stagecoach robbery there on their way back north. Lots of treasure hunters have searched the area ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou