Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

from what I've seen he's trimmed up the more modern patterns.

I think he has on a couple models. I think it’s also less of an “issue” on some older patterns too. Depends on the jacket. But generally larger sleeves. Vanson has some of this going on. Langlitz for sure.

IMO, there are plenty of linguini sleeves on jackets by TFL-beloved makers that I not only find impractical for my purposes and ridiculous looking, but I wouldn’t be able to get my arms and shoulders into. But again, I do curls, dips, close grip bench presses…haha. Something for everyone.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
from what I've seen he's trimmed up the more modern patterns.
Do you have any examples or pictures of the ill-fitting sleeves from LW?

I've seen some cases of jackets which are clearly the wrong size on somebody... but not those crazy oversized sleeves.

I also think the MC patterns are trimmer vs the Work/Civ oriented ones like Ryder, Suburban, etc...

barnabus

One Too Many

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I like this fit. Doesn’t look even remotely too large. It’s not a sausage casing style and I think this is exactly how it should fit.
Thanks for the kind words! I guess this actually does fit as intended (for the most part, sleeves definitely atleast 1“ too long), a size down and it would be tight at the bottom and layering barely possible anymore and I like to believe these 50s half-belts were worn as overcoats more so than snug fitting jackets. Also, I do own plenty more fitted jackets, doesnt hurt to have one that allows for a wool sweater without looking like a sausage at once.

Also thanks @AeroFan_07 ! The crown zipper is nice but truth be told, I wouldnt pay 250 USD extra for this, YKK works just fine for me

Yango

One of the Regulars
I’m a sucker for two-way zippers. Picked up this All Saints leather many years ago, still one of my favs!
View attachment 610665
The two way zip makes a lot of sense on a bike jacket if it’s a longer cut. I had a cross zip with a short zipper on each side with a leather flap inside (like the sleeve zippers on bike jackets). So off the bike the jacket was pretty form fitting, and on the bike it was super comfortable with the zips open. Great design!

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
Aero Shackleton
IMG_20240504_173239173_HDR~2.jpg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The two way zip makes a lot of sense on a bike jacket if it’s a longer cut. I had a cross zip with a short zipper on each side with a leather flap inside (like the sleeve zippers on bike jackets). So off the bike the jacket was pretty form fitting, and on the bike it was super comfortable with the zips open. Great design!
I'm also a fan of two-way zippers. It's not only practical on the bike, but also in the car or train or generally when sitting. What's more, depending on the jacket, it can also look good if you leave something open at the bottom. In principle, it's like the last button, which is often not closed.

Got the Heavy Canvas/Denim Lined version of the LW J24 today. This thing is a beast in its own right - weighs just as much as some leather jackets I have.

View attachment 611530 View attachment 611531 View attachment 611532
View attachment 611533

I see I have a new nemesis hanging here. Another LW junkie in my size. The die is cast my man, the die is cast. lol.

Is this the one Stuart had on eBay? Sensational jacket! Isn’t the canvas awesome. Same attention to detail as the leather jackets. I almost purchased this many time over.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
I see I have a new nemesis hanging here. Another LW junkie in my size. The die is cast my man, the die is cast. lol.

Is this the one Stuart had on eBay? Sensational jacket! Isn’t the canvas awesome. Same attention to detail as the leather jackets. I almost purchased this many time over.

Maybe not for every LW piece - I'm usually a 42, but figured from the measurements Stu gave this could work. Either way, the die has been cast :D

And yeah, this is the same one that was on ebay... although just went for a direct transaction instead and save some fees lol

The canvas is phenomenal, definitely no slouch or afterthought.

Maybe not for every LW piece - I'm usually a 42, but figured from the measurements Stu gave this could work. Either way, the die has been cast :D

And yeah, this is the same one that was on ebay... although just went for a direct transaction instead and save some fees lol

The canvas is phenomenal, definitely no slouch or afterthought.

The J23 does run a size small. I normally am a LW 44 and my 46 fits great. I can do 42 in some of his jackets too. I ain’t saying which lol. The jacket looks great. Enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic