Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

“WTF’ Hats,” that are hard to believe...

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Ran across this on eBay. The little dolls are all Japanse. Is this a crib mobile? Or a sorcerer's hat? Or a Japanese version of the dangling cork Akubra?

F3A73BC8-D75D-4F69-AF7A-13DCB9FAA6EC.png

8BDE296D-AA4B-44AB-9070-9B190469FEDF.png

GHT

I'll Lock Up
And then there's Vermin Supreme.

View attachment 537901
welly.jpg
That's got to be the original, Richard Cranium, as in, Dick Head.
purple hat.png
After seeing that guy wearing the pink top hat I Googled: "Unusual Top Hat Colours." This one caught my eye. At first I thought that it might be something like a theatrical costume, but the price tag was for real. One thing's for sure, you won't be ignored.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I once came across a photo of my Mother in a stunning ball gown posed with a whole team of other girls and their partners in Sydney Town Hall in, if I remember right, 1953 - her debutante's ball. I asked her how she managed to end up at such a prestigious locale for a middle-class girl and she told me Grandad was a member of the "Antediluvian Water Buffaloes." Obviously, they had some clout!

I almost bought one of those myself, just to screw with some friends. By the time I got the website to cooperate they were sold out in my size. :(

View attachment 557765
His hat must be the fries, I think that the lady's hat might be a milk shake. Who knows?

The Lady's hat features a "To go" container from a Chinese restaurant, surrounded by a ring of Fortune Cookies. Hard to tell, but I'm guessing the "spikes" hanging off of the brim of the hat are chopsticks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy