Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$1 Makeups!

ShortClara

One Too Many
This is way too good not to pass on!!!

The make-up line E.L.F. ( Eyes, Lips, and Face) has been bought out by Nordstrom and will be re-packaged with the Nordstrom name on it. They are getting rid of all the make-up in ELF packaging. They are selling everything for $1. YES ONE DOLLAR. You do have to pay shipping, however, even with that charge it's cheaper than buying make-up anywhere else and it is fun to try things when you don't have to worry about the cost! They have powder, mascara, brushes, nail polish, you name it .. Just thought I'd pass along the good deal.

Also, if you use the coupon code: CAROLINA you will get $7.50 off your first $15 of your purchase or 50% off if your order is under $15.

Go to http://www.eyeslipsface.com/shop.asp for lots of great deals!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just an FYI, this doesn't seem to be a special one-time offer. ELF has been doing this for at least, oh maybe 4 years.

I've heard their products are good.

EDIT: wait, I just read that first post more carefully. oops! But for a long time, Elf did have a lot of stuff at $1.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
This particular story has been floating around for a little while, but it's actually not true - exactly. e.l.f. sells most of their items for only $1, but it's just the regular price - they're not being bought by Nordstrom or anything like that. So, the coupon codes will probably not work. But the bright side is, no time limit on the $1 price. :)

Reference: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/elfcosmetics.asp

If they're any good, I might try a few things.

jayem

A-List Customer
Vee nice. Once I need new makeup I'll be sure to hit up this place. I'm set for now, though.

Girl Friday

Practically Family
My order finally shipped. I think I ordered on June 5th? Maybe and I just got an email saying that my order had shipped. So for a little while there I thought it was bogus too, but it isn't. So I placed a second order!

Naama

Practically Family
Too bad that europeans can't order from the us site, since then it would be REALLY cheap! Are those things any good? I'm always a bit afraid of cheap make up if it comes to lipstick and powder, evrything else, I rather buy cheap ;)

Naama

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Over two weeks to throw a few items in a box?

I ordered on June 19th and theyr'e still processing the order. I haven't checked to see if they've charged my credit card yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if they have. 2 weeks and no word!?! If I hadn't ordered twice from them in the past I'd be really worried. Now I'm just mad. I ship my customers' orders the same day I receive them. Jeesh.
Rant over. I just want my playthings!
Thanks for the CAROLINA code, ShortClara, it did work.
Edited: I checked and they haven't charged my credit card yet.

ShortClara

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
I ordered on June 19th and theyr'e still processing the order. I haven't checked to see if they've charged my credit card yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if they have. 2 weeks and no word!?! If I hadn't ordered twice from them in the past I'd be really worried. Now I'm just mad. I ship my customers' orders the same day I receive them. Jeesh.
Rant over. I just want my playthings!
Thanks for the CAROLINA code, ShortClara, it did work.

Well... nothing in the mail for me, either. I hope I didn't steer all of you very badly! Next week I'll attempt to call.

Strawberry

New in Town
E.L.F. has a reputation for terrible customer service, as well as dishonesty (the Nordstrom lie). I've heard from a few people who never received their orders -- nor any response to their many calls and emails. Some people's cards were charged, some weren't.

I ordered from them this year before I heard all the dirt. My products did arrive -- more than a month late.

It's all cheap stuff. The sizes are tiny. And yes, avoid the mineral foundations and concealers. Cakey, orange, dark.

I liked the mineral blush. I also liked the eyebrow/eyelash wands. They're just standard, but I use those all the time so at $1 apiece I stocked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum