Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100% cotton flannel for a jacket liner..? Any feedback?

lina

Practically Family
Looking at fabric swatches for relining a Lost Worlds jacket, and am wondering about flannel? I know wool tartans are the order of the day, but wondering if anyone has jackets with real flannel lining? (The swatches I have are about 7 oz.) I am worried of course that flannel might be a bit too "grabby" on shirts, but not sure. Any experiences to report..? Thanks.

Edward

Bartender
Excellet for a dead-of-Winter jacket. I'd be wary of it on something like a slim-fitting halfbelt that you can only wear shirt-sleeves under, as there's the danger that it would only be wearable for a very short part of the year - too warm for most of the Spring, not enough for Winter - but that would depend where you are. For soemthingl ike apeacoat, I think it would be a fantastic Winter lining.

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
Looking at fabric swatches for relining a Lost Worlds jacket, and am wondering about flannel? I know wool tartans are the order of the day, but wondering if anyone has jackets with real flannel lining? (The swatches I have are about 7 oz.) I am worried of course that flannel might be a bit too "grabby" on shirts, but not sure. Any experiences to report..? Thanks.

My Schott has cotton flannel lining, and developed a small tear after just a few wearings. It could be just the fabric quality or workmanship however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats