Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$100 Million Budget...

Smyat

One of the Regulars
I just picked up on this:

$100 million budget, plus Will Ferrell, equals...

...feature film retake of "Land of the Lost."

Yes, Sid and Marty Krofft's absymal rubber-dinosaur, grade-z kidvid thing.

I mean, Hollyweird was already scraping the bottom of the barrel. This is right through the bottom, through the muck underneath and into the contents of the sewer line.

Unbelievable. And they say H'wood is out of ideas. :eek:

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Three interesting facts about remakes and sequels. 1. There is no one to blame. 2. Familiarity is what is thought to sell, meaning people are familiar with the movie or the concept, so someone thought a remake of something familiar would sell. 3. Ideas are infinite.

Josephine

One Too Many
I'd rather see that Teddy Ruxpin 'reimaging' that Penny Arcade talked about a few weeks back...

Feraud

Bartender
Smyat said:
$100 million budget, plus Will Ferrell, equals...

...feature film retake of "Land of the Lost."
lol lol Will Ferrell played a character named Marshall Willenholly in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. lol lol Oh Sweet irony!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ya know, there's something wrong with everything when idiots will throw $100 mil at another idiot to create some pale copy of an idiotic TV show.:rage:

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You sound like those people that play the lottery ONLY when it's 100 million or more. When it starts again after a win the initial amount is a paltry 7-8 million. Not even worth winning really so why buy a ticket they say.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic