Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100 years in 100 seconds

While I prefer the fashion conventions of some eras more than others, I can find something to like in the "look" of almost any year over the past century (with the possible exception of 1974). To my eye, the most egregious sin against aesthetics over the past several decades has been the tendency of too many people to adopt the fashion of the day without regard to how it just doesn't work for them. You know, decidedly overweight people who squeeze themselves into form-fitting clothing, for instance.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Notice how the 2000's and 2010's pretty much show no distinct style.
I think that's more a product of looking at it from the standpoint of contemporaries. Ten or twenty years on, we'll be able to pick up the trends a bit more clearly. It does note the move from open, untucked shirts over t-shirts with stonewashed jeans, to down vests and baggy cargo pants, to hoodies and slim-fitting capri pants, and finally (perhaps influenced by the economic downturn) a resurgence of sport coats with proper trousers, albeit both extremely slim. One wonders what's next...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo