Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920-30's French Deco Statue - Women & Hounds

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
I purchased this in Paris about 15 years ago. Approx. 5" wide, 15" long, 10.5" tall.
Asking $250 plus actual shipping. Buyer pays papal fees.

Attachments

• SHOTGUN- BOW- STATUES 006.jpg
    SHOTGUN- BOW- STATUES 006.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 85
  • SHOTGUN- BOW- STATUES 009.jpg
    SHOTGUN- BOW- STATUES 009.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 68

Annixter

Practically Family
For what it's worth, I believe this might be an interpretation of Artemis apparently letting loose her hounds on a Peeping Tom, or maybe while mistakenly hunting down Orion.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
The lady looks similar to the Diana the huntress statue I have listed. Although the pose is not specifically hunting themed like the Diana holding her bow. The hounds do appear excited as if being released for the chase.

The daughter of Jupiter and Leto, Diana asked for and was given several gifts by her father when she was a child: perpetual virginity, lop-eared hounds, does to lead her chariot, and nymphs as her hunting companions. Why the hounds had to be lop-eared is anyone’s guess.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Not that I recall, I can check again tomorrow when I get home. Wouldn't this look great next to one of the Icart etchings w/ the hounds/Borzoi?
Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the reply. It is very nice -unfortunately out of my price league (and list of priorities), always considering the German costums fees.
But I figure that information on any possible markings might be of interest to potential buyers.

Best Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred