Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s Deadstock Women's Suit

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
The photos are from an ebay store called the highland attic. I've just looked at the shop & the suit is up for auction. The starting bid is 50 pounds. I'd make a bid, but it's too small for me! There is alot of nice vintage clothing in the store.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I don't believe this is a 1930s suit. It looks much more like a postwar 40s English suit to me. You have to remember British clothing was still very conservative at this point and the New Look crept in very slowly to most women's wardrobes.

This seller is always putting what I think are rather dubious claims up as to age of things as well as purpose. They recently listed 1949 pattern British Men's Battledress blouses as items Women's Land Army wore which is completely untrue, so I'd take their description with a LARGE pinch of salt!

Buyer beware!! The Original Thrift Shop - the male arm of this venture (if in fact this is from a seller called The Highland Attic; i don't seem to be able to find them) and run by the ex proprietor of a certain well known leather goods company - are the biggest charlatans on eBay re: vintage clothing.

I know, i know, there are lots of charlatans on eBay. But this seller knows his stuff, and consistently lists things he must know are modern as "vintage". Following a barrage of complaints from me (i actually don't know if the complaints were instrumental in bringing this about) he has changed tack and now calls everything dodgy "vintage style" "dead ringer - for" etc. etc. be very careful when buying from this guy. He has some very nice true vintage on occasion. But mostly he's passing things off as what they are not. The consistency of his charlatanism makes him the worst.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy