Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s Double Breasted Red Wide Wale Smoking Jacket

mattface

Practically Family
http://www.etsy.com/listing/99262829/1930s-double-breasted-red-wide-wale

This jacket is really a wonderful unique piece. I've never seen anything quite like it, but it was clearly meant to be used as an elegant piece of loungewear, and not as a formal jacket, still it treads the line between a dinner jacket and a bathrobe rather elegantly. Just the perfectthing for an intimate evening of cocktails and games.

The fabric is a lush deep red velvet corduroy, with very wide wales. The black shawl collar and trim are of a heavy twill with a slight sheen to it. The quilted lining is satin or silk. I eslecially like the black double breasted detail. Overall it makes for quite a cozy jacket. All the fabric is in excellent condition, with some minor sun fading on the outside of the right sleeve, and a couple of very small pin sized dark stains near the left elbow.

Measurements:
Chest: 23"
Shoulder: 17"
Sleeve: 25"
Length: 31 1/2"

il_570xN.334976229.jpg

il_570xN.335030288.jpg

il_570xN.334897537.jpg

il_570xN.335030406.jpg

il_570xN.335030366.jpg

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
I really think this is a very unusual and wonderful find, but I'm taking the underwhelming initial response to mean most folks think it's overpriced at $145, so if you're interested and you want to make an offer please do.

mattface

Practically Family
Well, I can't say I'm not tempted, but it's a little out of my price range at the moment :(

Too much for.my budget? Yes. Overpriced? Maybe not. I already know that anything that fits you, also fits me. Get thee behind me! ;)

In that case I dropped the price to $125 this morning in hopes of getting it a bit closer to the budget range for any interested party.

Peregrine

New in Town
The smoking jacket arrived today, in excellent order! Thank you, Matt! My good lady loves the texture...have to find a way of getting it back from her! :)

mattface

Practically Family
The smoking jacket arrived today, in excellent order! Thank you, Matt! My good lady loves the texture...have to find a way of getting it back from her! :)

Very pettable isn't?! I'm very glad you and your lady like it. I shall miss it, but I'm glad it's in good hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24