Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's Original Irvin Flying Jacket (for sale)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I MIGHT just part with this one, has orginal Dot zips all working and no holes or chunks out of it, also orginal rare 1935 label for the Irvin Coy in Letchworth. Size 4 (I wear jackets up to 42" and this is a nice fit allowing a jumper underneath for anyone measuring 40-42" chest), marked in a pre-war red sizing of 40. Original hanging chain intact too, as is the original 'mint condition' elastic collar restrainer.
Still not sure if I can be convinced to part with it, as it is a 'good one' A 'RARE' one and in great nick...but we'll see as to be honest I need the space and the finances would be handy...

MEASUREMENTS:

Armpit 2 Armpit = 21"
Shoulder (where shoulder is stitched to the arm piece) to end of arm = 24"
Bottom of collar back to bottom of jacket = 23"

Please PM (Private Messenging feature we have on TFL) me via here or my VLJ inbox - as there is surprisingly quite a bit of interest - must be the cold weather.

As it's been pretty hard for me to even 'think' about parting with this one and has been rather last minute. But with two others, I just cannot justify it right now.

It's a standard Size 4 (RAF) as mentioned, so will fit a modern chest size of 40-42" (that allows for a shirt and a jersey).

See pic of the beauty of a Irvin Company pre-war 30's label on it (considering so many get ripped off over the years and lost, it's nice to find one still intact even).

It's a 'beautiful' condition' jacket, is pre-war, has label, and ALL DoT zips are working like they were put in yesterday!! Oh and nearly forgot, the collar retaining strap (the elastic one) is original and in 'like new' condition.

I've briefly discussed with some of our resident Irvin experts on a fair market price for this jacket, given it's age, size and condition, so again, PM for details please. But I am making a 'special reduced' price offer to members here, as that's the benefit of being a member!!
(and I really don't want to go down the anonymous Ebay route unless really necessary).

Irvinlabel001.jpg

Irvin-Battle_of_Britain006.jpg

ShuttleworthCollection032.jpg

ShuttleworthCollection039.jpg

Irvinjacket009.jpg

Irvinjacket004.jpg

Irvinjacket005.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
STILL free flying (available)...

Plenty of tyre-kickers, but I'm choosey where this lovely historical lady goes, so still available.;)

greeny

Familiar Face
I would love to take this off your hands Paddy, but I fear that at 6ft I'm simply too tall. It looks the perfect length on you, so it would most probably be too short on me. Grrrrr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass