Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's Palm beach Wool Suit With Belted Back And Action Back

Mario

I'll Lock Up
No Palm Beach cloth here. Seems to be made from the same kind of light, airy wool fabric as my 1930's Palm Beach suit (same color too). Reasonable price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230760288762?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

F6A77F9F65A046CFB60E18E3ECD2FB99.jpg

ACC1A25964E74ADF8B883689C920096C.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
You're actually right, it even very clearly says Palm Beach cloth on the label. I really gotta fetch me some new glasses soon... :eusa_doh:[huh]

Oh dear... Maybe I've been fooled into thinking that this was not your standard PB cloth simply because it has almost the same color as my 30's PB suit, which is NOT made from Palm Beach cloth. :cool:

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
incidentally, Palm Beach - an amazing cloth made of 50/50 mohair and cotton - is the perfect spring fabric in my humble.
in Sears 1923 edition it was available in:

-medium grey
-dark tan
-dark blue
-dark grey (fancy stripe!)
-olive green
-olive green heather

white or cream are by far the most common examples found today. 1920s Palm Beach suits... come to daddy !

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Apart from the fact that it's not in my budget at this time there is something tragic for me to be found in this suit ye again: While the pants could very easily be worked to fit me (which is a rare thing) the jacket is simply way too large. There goes the story of my life...again! ;)

It's a very good thing that I could not afford that suit at the moment. What a relief it is to say that! :D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
incidentally, Palm Beach - an amazing cloth made of 50/50 mohair and cotton - is the perfect spring fabric in my humble.
in Sears 1923 edition it was available in:

-medium grey
-dark tan
-dark blue
-dark grey (fancy stripe!)
-olive green
-olive green heather

white or cream are by far the most common examples found today. 1920s Palm Beach suits... come to daddy !

It's hard to really tell the color of this one by looking at the photos as they all have a greenish tint to them (which I just confirmed using Photoshop). My PB suit seems to have a very similar color. It's actually some kind of tan but one can't help to think that there is something greenish about the color sometimes. I've never really managed to properly capture that color in a photo.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
looks like 'duck egg blue' which is a pale greeny blue.
i have a 30s suit in a similar colour. in fact, i should post it in the 30s suits thread in case some of the new members haven't seen it.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I didn't. My highest bid was much higher and I would have won it, but my sniper didn't bid. [huh] What a bummer! This is a bargain price.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
I didn't. My highest bid was much higher and I would have won it, but my sniper didn't bid. [huh] What a bummer! This is a bargain price.

By way of consolation, you don't know that you would have won it. The final purchaser might have had a much higher maximum bid than the one he ended up paying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot