Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's sport coat with front pleats

Mario

I'll Lock Up
A couple of weeks ago, Marc Chevalier sold a rare green tweed sportcoat with breast pleats which went for big bucks. I guess you remember that one.

Now there's a similar 1930's sportcoat for sale on the 'Bay, again green tweed with breast pleats for a BIN price that's about half the sum Marc's jacket went for. Amazing green herringbone fabric with flecks of red, orange, yellow and blue. Oh, I forgot to mention the concealed chin strap... What a jacket!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-1930s-M...pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item3cbeaa8dc0

$%28KGrHqV,%21oME63%28ZyK%217BO%29c3+CilQ%7E%7E60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqEOKpgE6U8D0FWPBO%29c5hoWWg%7E%7E60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqRHJBcE63Vg0Mu7BO%29c9f%28h2g%7E%7E60_3.JPG

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the sleeves would have been one inch too short for me as well but that could probably have been remedied. That fabric drives me ne nuts. Ah well, I didn't have the money at the moment anyway...

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I like this one better. The pleats lie better and don't interrupt the line of the chest, though the one Marc showed may not have been pressed as well. This one has the pleats the way they're shown in period catalogues.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I can really understand what you say about hardcore collectors but in the end it all boils down to what's available to you regarding size, fit and budget. With my illegal proportions (...) I'm somewhat limited...

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Yes, the sleeves would have been one inch too short for me as well but that could probably have been remedied. That fabric drives me ne nuts. Ah well, I didn't have the money at the moment anyway...

Just one inch? Aren't there lots and lots of beautiful sports coats with a sleeve length of 25" waiting to be picked up by you? I'm in the market for 27.5". Go figure. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24