Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1939 Worlds Fair Blue Adam Fedora

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Adam was among the more wide-awake marketers in the hat trade Here they are advertising on NBC television in 1941, with a studio mockup of their Rockefeller Center store window (sans glass, which would have glared under the lights).
292646391_945aeab496_z.jpg

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
If I had the money to spend I'd probably buy it myself. Stretching it to a 7 seems a little too much but I'd rather have it for display, in reality it's a rare example of a dated fedora, and a blue one at that! It would've a perfect addition to the Museum of the City of New York's exhibit on 1930's Worlds Fairs.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I saw that one in one of my frequent searches for Adam hats, it's a beautiful hat and an even more beautiful box. I'm tempted to put a bid in just for the box, it'd go great alongside my 1964 World's Fair Adam. I wonder if Adam provided for any other World's Fairs.

Here's an Adam box from the 1964-65 World's Fair:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I was the one who ended up getting this. Sorry dhermann. I'm looking forward to keeping this as a collector's piece. One day I may donate it to The Henry Ford's collection, I don't know yet.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
So glad a fellow Lounger got it! I didn't want to get into a bidding war, and I knew I couldn't wear it. Nice to know it's in the family. Enjoy! I think you got a GREAT deal there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24