Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1939 World's Fair Womens Wear

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I found a great find today at an antique store, but I haven't had much luck searching out a value. Does anyone else have any experience with womens clothing and accessories from the 1939 World's Fair?
My find is a Persian lamb muff with a trylon and perishere zipper pull, on the back stamped copyright NYWF. Any idea of a value? I'll try to take pics later tonight.
I would love to see pics of any womens world's fair collectibles you ladies (or gents) have!

texasgirl

One Too Many
That sounds fantastic! I have no idea on value though. I have several items from the 1933-34 Worlds Fair in Chicago. Mainly stuff I've bought for my husband. I do have a bracelet- I'll have to take some pictures.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I think I posted this before, but here it is again. You really can't tell much from this appalling picture, but basically my mom is wearing typical late 30's attire.
WorldsFairID.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Very, very collectible. Sounds fabulous and very unique.
Go to Google Products and type this is:
worlds fair 1939

I sold a 1964 scarf once. I will try to get photo later.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Lauren, I have seen a muff like what you described on ebay a while back, I almost bid but my 39/40 worlds fair collection is growing too big right now.:rolleyes: The muff on the 'bay went for 60 and the bids started at 45. Hope that helps.

Samantha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy