Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940 fashion film short

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Hi Ladies,

I don't venture in here too often, but I thought you'd might want to see this short film I found1940s Fashion Film . Guessing it was made six months or so before Pearl Harbor it features some Hollywood starlets on a southwestern states tour wearing the latest fashions. It is shot in beautiful color and what's nice is that the narrator tells what material the clothes are made from. You might get a chuckle...like I did...at how the males in this are treated as boy toys.

Hope this link works. You'll need QuickTime to view it.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Loved this! What a gorgeous plane! I'd like the Paramount liaison's suit, the old woody that they drive to Phoenix in and the red/white wedgey saddle shoes please.

Unintentional laughs too;

Halliburton luggage (they were around then?)

"Her tan topcoat, tossed carelessly over her shoulders, blends seamlessly with the crumbling adobe ruins"

Thanks so much for the link.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
doghouse said:
I couldn't help thinking that they must have been burning up under all those clothes. Come on, long sleeved suits with jackets and gloves!? In Phoenix!!
Well, more types of fabric breathed back then, so maybe it wasn't so bad.

Laraquan

Familiar Face
Also, in London it would have been cold enough wearing a dress all the time so they needed a choice of layers. After all, they couldn't run around in pants when it got too cold, could they?

Here's a link to some swimsuits from youtube if anyone's curious. I just couldn't help looking up 1940s fashion on youtube after watching that quicktime clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvxHinjqX6I .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy