Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940 Fashion Film

maisie

Practically Family
Thanks for posting that! I love the playsuits, and the tennis hat :D and look at those gorgeous black and white wedges! WOW!!:eek:

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
The best was that HUGE ring! A mere 12 carats. Oh my!

And the Carmen Miranda dress. Priceless.

And the commentator's comments were divine. My favorite was ""YOUR hair won't get mussed...at least not by the WIND" ;) Pretty cheeky!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Racey?

I loved the film and commentary. I only have question about one part of it. Did I see a woman changing her clothes in public? I think even the commentator mentioned her bra. She was sitting at a table and it looked like she switched her outfit around--in public! :eek:
Or was it a "women only" area of the club?
Just curious...

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Thanks so much for posting that I have been searching for it for about a year now as I saw it once on a website that I bookmarked on my old computer that I don't have anymore.
It really was a great site with lots of vintage commercials, including a Singer dressmaking film from the 50's, I would love to be able to find it again but I can't seem to remember what it was called.
The film on Youtube you posted was on it too.
Thanks ever so much I really didn't think that I would see it again.......:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy