Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940 Pattons and Baldwin knitting booklet

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hey there ladies,

I acquired today for the princely sum of twenty pence an original 1940 Pattons and Baldwin Woolcraft knitting booklet, really lovely, with great childrens, mens and womens knits, including cardigans, sweaters, socks and underwear.

As a goodwill gesture to all you lovely ladies of the FL, i would like everyone who is interested to be able to use it and enjoy it. I know there are copies available for sale on the internet, but it would be nice to have the real thing perhaps to work from, give that knitting some added vintage flavour!

Would anyone be interested? I'm happy to mail it anywhere and then perhaps it could do the rounds or be copied or posted online somewhere if poss perhaps? I'm not sure what the best way of going about this is in short, so HELP PLEASE!

(I'm sorry if i sound like i'm dithering, but computer is playing up i don't have a scanner and i'm not sure of any copyright issues, so it seemed a sensible idea for you ladies to do as you will with it).

Miss sofia

One Too Many
It also has instructions on how to knit Annie and you could be knitting the BF those all important winter long-johns and underpants in no time at all!! PM me with addresses if you wish and i'll get cracking on some copies.

Smuterella i'm more than happy to send a copy, i'm still trying to work out what would be best to do with the original, it's no use to me, i got some lovely vintage tapestry wools as well today, and i am going to make a fire screen or something, i can't knit for toffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy