Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's - 1960's Royal Stetson Fedora

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
jEprO.jpg
CfHzM.jpg
2cOot.jpg
xPgB1.jpg
wvZU7.jpg
vvCsM.jpg
twmAE.jpg
Rqn2.jpg
pWKro.jpg

Last edited:

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
Fedora Measurements
Height of Crown: 4 1/2 inch from bottom of pinch to top of pinch, 5 inch at sides.
Size: 7, 56 CM 21 1/8 inches
Me: 22 Inches right between 7 - 7 1/8
Length Of Brim: 2 1/2 Dimensional Brim
Ribbon: 2 Inch Grosgrain
Liner: Satin, Color is Copper
Sweat Band: Roan Leather
Color: Dark Grey/ Almost Brown
Open Crown

Last edited:

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
Thanks the hat is snug on me and fits right above my eyebrows and stops right at the middle of my forehead 1 inch above the eye brows.. it is great though and it has a kashmir finish and its beaver felt which will last even longer than 60 years.. the only question is, its supposed to feel a little tight to where it will not wobble or shake off and where i can put it on and and I dont have to force it down (although i just put it on my head and push it down just a little bit)?

Last edited:

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
Thanks the hat is snug on me and fits right above my eyebrows and stops right at the middle of my forehead 1 inch above the eye brows.. it is great though and it has a kashmir finish and its beaver felt which will last even longer than 60 years.. the only question is, its supposed to feel a little tight to where it will not wobble or shake off and where i can put it on and and I dont have to force it down (although i just put it on my head and push it down just a little bit)?

I notice that you wear your hair a little long. I envy you for that. :) (I'm follicly challenged. [huh] ) If the hat is just a little snug now, it will fit perfectly once you get your next hair cut. It's a great hat that looks good on you now, and will look even better then.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks the hat is snug on me and fits right above my eyebrows and stops right at the middle of my forehead 1 inch above the eye brows.. the only question is, its supposed to feel a little tight to where it will not wobble or shake off and where i can put it on and and I dont have to force it down (although i just put it on my head and push it down just a little bit)?

By now I've bought upwards of 20 hats of various kinds, mostly from the Internet as opposed to in stores. I can tell you that the fits on my 7 1/8 run the gamut from being too loose by possibly half a size, to too tight by maybe half a size, even though most hats I've bought fit me well. I have loose Borsalinos and tight Borsalinos, loose Stetsons and tight Stetsons. I've concluded that it's hard to get it right, and the buyer just has to live with some variation in tightness. I now draw the line though where it feels a little too snug. In that case you can go for a stretching of the hat; sometimes that works. If you are buying new, however, don't accept one that is so tight that it creates a red line on your forehead after you take if off. In that case return it and go for the next size up. A little looseness is easier to deal with using a kind of sizing tape foam that the hat retailers should carry. I did that on an expensive Borsalino Panama that was too loose, and it's fine; even better because the tape keeps my sweaty forehead away from the cloth sweatband, thus avoiding a visible sweat line forming on the hat crown.

Last edited:

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
Well I could get it stretched by an eighth of an inch with no wide stretching to it to meet a little more space but its just the right amount of snug to prevent wobble when I shake or turn my head where the hat will spin around head on its own...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou