Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s cc41 suit - beautiful striped fabric

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
a155_zps23cfb976.jpg~original

a159_zpsc2d0c4c7.jpg~original
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-1940s-VINTAGE-CC41-BROWN-HERRINGBONE-TWEED-DEMOB-SUIT-36-38-REG-/370920847357?pt=UK_Men_s_Vintage_Clothing&hash=item565c9af7fd

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
on the collar: it looks like the top collar has been cut too big (depth wise rather than length wise) and the excess has settled into a ripple.
hopefully (for whoever buys the suit) it can be pressed out.

p.s. i'm not completely down on this suit. i think the fabric is great.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm thinkin it's a 3 roll 2. A cleaners did that to one of mine with similar results , though not as drastic as above.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i know what you're saying A.C., but in this case i don't think it's a 3 roll 2. these type of three button Brit 40s jackets are invariably rolled to the top button, and stiffly so.
if you undid the top button it would hold its shape there. like this:

1946_wedding_zpsafa59d2b.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I was just throwing that out there. The lapels on the suit above look like they could use another inch or so and releasing the top button woud do that if it were a 3 roll 2.

In any event, I too like the cloth. So it's got that goin for it.....:)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Have you heard of Rob Crossley? He of Rocacha tailoring. His web page shows double breasted 1940's suits, but I wanted single breasted. He not only came up with what I wanted but suggested the brown colour and pinstripe too. And with a beautiful gold lining. Yet despite having something similar, I still hankered after that suit as soon as TT posted it. I seem to be developing my wife's: You can never have too many shoes syndrome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy