Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s vintage Girard-Perregaux Sea Hawk Mens Swiss Wristwatch

mattface

Practically Family
https://www.etsy.com/listing/105407390/1940s-vintage-girard-perregaux-sea-hawk

il_570xN.360273547_btjv.jpg

il_570xN.360273545_qi8n.jpg

il_570xN.360273549_l9ng.jpg

il_570xN.360273541_2dvo.jpg

il_570xN.360273543_7cvl.jpg

This one is a real beauty. Cosmetically it has some minor scratches, and the lacquer on the face has turned gold with age, but it presents really nicely. Mechanically it is excellent. It keeps good time and looks great doing it in classic 1940s style. It is a smaller watch (32mm wide not counting the crown) as was the fashion when this watch was made.

The Sea Hawk line was designed to be extremely waterproof, but I would not trust it on a watch this old without having it serviced. The water resistant lambskin band is new, and has only been worn occasionally by me. I wore it for a few days to determine that it kept good time. In that time it lost less than a minute.

gdc

One of the Regulars
Beautiful watch. I prefer vintage watches in original condition over those with restored dials. If I weren't broke I'd jump on it.

wallis

Familiar Face
Can't beat these old GP watches for the price. I've got a small collection of them - and I get more compliments on one in particular than I do on any of my more modern (and expensive) watches.

Bump for a wicked watch at a wicked price.

mattface

Practically Family
Can't beat these old GP watches for the price. I've got a small collection of them - and I get more compliments on one in particular than I do on any of my more modern (and expensive) watches.

Bump for a wicked watch at a wicked price.

THanks. I'm really surprised it hasn't sold already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy