Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s wedges

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Sorry, another thread (doing well today arent I!)

Does anyone know where I can get some Re-mix style wedges, but over in the UK?

Thank you!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
In this thread I linked to the website of the guy who sells the actual Remix wedges from over here, and in whatever colour you like with new styles on the way. They are £75 I think, but you don't pay any duty, and postage is way cheaper. His contact details are on there, but he isn't very good at replying to emails, so you'd be best calling. Unless you are talking about something similar but cheaper, in which case, ignore this reply!

fleur

One of the Regulars
I cheat with my wedges.

I have a red pair by Fly like these

And thse are by Qube - I love the cut outs in them.

I wear both these pairs for work most days as I find them extremely comfortable.

I've not delved into the relms of vintage shoes as its a mine field and I have hobbit feet so its difficult to get comfy shoes!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
I will have a look at their websites. Thank you!

Come to think of it, I can swear my nan was still wearing shoes like and that was only in the 90s. Maybe I should check out old lady shoe shops?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
~landgirl~ said:

I have those ones, in the white (they were in the sale! Actually, think they still are) and they are soooo comfortable. The sizing up is annoying though, and the fact that they are only available in full sizes yet are sized a half size too small. So mine are about half a size too big, (I take a UK 8 and ordered an 11) but still look and feel great.

But yeah, do get in touch with him. If he has all the bits already, and you could get them really quickly!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
I am a UK 7.5

I was wondering what size to get, it looks from the pics that your toe should be touching the end (in order to show the toenail)

P.S. Could you were seamed stockings with shoes like that?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
You should be perfect with a 10 according to their sizes then. If they did it I'd want a 10.5, but they dont :( I wouldn't recommend getting the next size down as I tried on a 10, which should only be a half size too small, and they were really tight on my toes.

Not sure if your toenail would show or not - mine don't at all even though they come to the ends, the hole is just kind of in between the big toe and second, if that makes sense. Well, like it is in the picture really, if you looked from the front you might see toenail, but from above you can't see them at all. [huh]

maisie

Practically Family
I'm about a 7-7.5 and i got a 10 and they fit fine, however they are very wide, which is annoying!

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Remix Wedges

Fleur De Guerre said:
He doesn't have any on his site though, but he does all the wedge styles that Remix offer. I can't wait to see what he comes up with for styles of his own!

Hello Fleur de Guerre

Do you mean he already has the Remix style wedges and they are still not on his website? Yes, I noticed that he is not very good in answering e-mails.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
LadyDeWinter said:
Hello Fleur de Guerre

Do you mean he already has the Remix style wedges and they are still not on his website? Yes, I noticed that he is not very good in answering e-mails.

Yeah he has a lot of styles already in stock and goes over to LA regularly for more, mine that I ordered about 3 weeks ago are ready to be collected/sent. But I have tried calling him twice now and haven't managed to get him. I dunno, he is a lovely man and a great craftsman but I can't deny he is hard to get hold of!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn